GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"APRIL EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (PRODUCTS)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/04/01 at 13:02
Regular
Now we are seeking your ideas for products which we don't sell, which you think we should sell:

There is one prize to be decided at the end of April for the best set of suggestions.

GAMES DON'T COUNT. We aren't looking for a list of games which we don't sell. It's the other stuff we are interested in.

In particular we are looking for PC Software. Not the very expensive stuff. Also PC bits or peripherals.

You can suggest new product ranges which could be of interest to our existing audience: for example our next catalogue includes a Metal Detector.

Make suggestions for our shops, or for items to sell on the internet. Our aim for the shops is "Brimming with Stock and Bristling with Offers". On the internet it's a question of what people will be searching for.

If YOU are thinking of buying something soon, and we don't sell it, then please enter that too.
Page:
Sun 22/04/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
grrrrrr...iknow you are not ment to list games but i can't believe you don't sell GoldenEye for the N64.

It's really hard to find on the net, only one site has it in stock so far.

My little cousin is finding it hard to get a hold of, see.
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:53
they wouldnt be very popular!
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:51
you could sell tickets to events such as
WWF Tickets as they are hard to get when they come over here , Football tickets,
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
The Game wrote:
>Things like Desks, Chairs,

sell some IKEA stuff on with quite a bit of profit.

UKIKEA.com, good idea, their stuff is pretty funky, but why not buy it from IKEA?

The office furniture is a good idea, my mate has just bought a home entertainment centre, it has room for a tv, PC+monitor/scanner/priner/keyboard/modem, he also has his N64 his games and game pads all on one table, thats a good idea, the bad thing is that I have no room for one in my room.

Sun 22/04/01 at 16:28
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Sell the women you feature modelling your free gifts :-P
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:20
Regular
Leave Sheepy alone! :D
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I did mean sheep wool! lol!
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I have an idea, how about selling more office orientated stuff...

Things like Desks, Chairs, Filo Fax's, Calculators...things that might attract adults through their children being members of the club...Or even Vice-Versa.

I know that the diverse selection of office appliances will make things quite hard in terms ofpicking which ones to seel, but you might even be able to sell some IKEA stuff on with quite a bit of profit.

You do sell keyboards and mouse mats, but to be fair a lot of your office stuff is computer/electrically driven, ie. Computers, Printers, scanners, Mouse Mats, I think that charis and desks and even things like folders and lever arches would be good.

Another In-Shop possibility is printing...you could invest in some rather large machinery that could print off whole projects etc. (A Bit like Office World)

Music software is also quite a fast grower. No longer do bands (if you can all them that) use just guitars and the odd piano, nowadays they tend to rely more on the Drum and Bass sounds of a "Virtual Mixing Desk" to get their song off the ground.

You need to sell things that aren't found anywhere else but there are a number of problems.

1) Demand, if something you sell isn't really expected to be found then people aren't going to bother to look, and if the group of people who want this product are low in number it just 'ain't worth it'.

2) Also holding costs might be quite high...and you might need the space for faster selling products like Playstation 2 games and other software.

So I think:

More office supplies
Music Software

Hey, what about advertising SKY Digital, I am sure there is commission involved and I don't suppose it would hurt...Many people of all ages visit SR, and if you can give on-line visitors some sort of special SKY discount you would be in the good books!

Just Some thoughts to go with my Programming and Computer Books and literature!
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:16
Regular
lol......i thought you meant wool as in sheep wool.
Sun 22/04/01 at 16:15
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
no, the wool you find on cars!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.