GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsenal through to semi's of Champion's League"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/03/04 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
Heh!

Arsenal face Chelsea in the quarter final of the Champion's League.

So we're through to the semi's, probably against Real Madrid!
Sat 13/03/04 at 16:49
Regular
Sounds as if Arsenal were as lucky, or maybe moreso, than Chelsea today.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:38
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
WòókieeMøn§†€® join my FIFA 2004 game. Some teams have gone, but there are plently left. Chelsea and Newcastle are still there but Man United and Arsenal have been picked.
Sat 13/03/04 at 15:20
"High polygon count"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Yeh but winning away at Bolton isn't exactly easy is it, remember,
> Arsenal drew there?

True, but this was different. Chelsea were outfought, outplayed and - yes - outclassed in the first half. If Bolton could finish, it would have been 4-0 after 30 minutes. And Arsenal don't have £140m of talent to choose from!

> At the end of the day Chelsea still won at the Reebok regardless of
> their performance.

True, the result is what matters. But in terms of performance, it was distinctly average. I can but hope they repeat this level of performance in the Champion's League game! :-)

> I haven't seen the game but even if Damien Duff didn't play well, he
> still scored a crucial 2nd goal to kill the game off for Chelsea

The sort of tap-in your nan could score form her wheelchair!

Bolton had practically given up by then, though. They could have played until 6pm tonight and not scored. For some reason they seemed to change their tactics at half-time. Chelsea didn't fight their way back into this game, Bolton surrendered the initiative.

If the luck that Chelsea's have at the moment holds (and let's be honest, they have been pretty lucky lately), they could yet win the Premiership and the Champion's League.

Arsenal play Bolton next week. If they play like they did today, for the whole game, it could be worrying.
Sat 13/03/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> they couldn't hit the side of a barn with a machine gun!

Heh heh, I like that.
Sat 13/03/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh but winning away at Bolton isn't exactly easy is it, remember, Arsenal drew there?

At the end of the day Chelsea still won at the Reebok regardless of their performance.

I haven't seen the game but even if Damien Duff didn't play well, he still scored a crucial 2nd goal to kill the game off for Chelsea and seeing as he's just come from a long layoff, that's not bad at all.
Sat 13/03/04 at 14:26
"High polygon count"
Well, Chelsea won, but it was far from convincing.

Bolton had more than enough chances to put it out of reach in the first half, but they couldn't hit the side of a barn with a machine gun!
Sat 13/03/04 at 13:36
"High polygon count"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Damien Duff is back for Chelsea and should give them a lot more in
> attack which they missed in the previous matches against u lot.

Well, I'm watching Chelsea against Bolton at the moment, and he's hopeless - as are Chelsea in general.

How Bolton aren't at least 4 up is beyond me. If they had a decent striker, Chelsea would be in real trouble.

> The FA Cup Semi plus a premiership game against United at Highbury
> will also be looming in and around that second leg of the quarter
> final so, physically, it will be a tough few weeks for Arsenal.

Our run-in is a nightmare. If we win any silverware, no-one will be able to accuse us of having an easy ride.
Fri 12/03/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Fix! Fix! It's another bloody FIX!!

It's all now set-up so nicely that Arsénal and Chelski will meet-up before the semi's, in a `[B[BIG[/B]´, all-English Champions' League fixture where the winners will go-on to face Real Madrid, before we seems two teams in an 'unpredictable' and "exciting" final; rather than having it all go the way it should've done (which, quite predictably and un-entertaingly, could've seen the Gooners up against Réal).

Just like in the FA Cup - where all has been done to avoid an ever-anticipated all-Premiership final. Instead, the Football Leaguers have been given a chance of making it - plus, we're all very interested in the other semi, too.

It's disgusting! :P
Fri 12/03/04 at 18:11
"High polygon count"
Colourless wrote:
> Liar. You'd cry.

Well, yeah.

But after that, I'd cheer them on.
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll be cheering Chelsea all the way now, well them and Madrid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.