GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More religion flaws."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 19:46
"period drama"
Muh.

You think the stupid argument is going to be resolved?
That either 'side' is going to get their way?

It's just rather boring, and a little sad.
Tue 09/03/04 at 14:33
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Cyclone wrote:
> You obviously have never had an argument with Forest Fan.

Yeh, arguements with me are fun, at "Being a Christian".
Sun 07/03/04 at 21:48
"The Will of D."
Basically there is no satan, never was. It's basically some person saying that God could never do anything evil because he's Omnibenevolent, but if he's All good, All knowing, and All powerful then how come there is evil. But suppose since he is all powerful then maybe he is the one who is responsible for everything christians believe as "Satan's doing", then that would explain why there is evil in the world?

Anyway, ack to science verus religion, perhaps by the time we have begun totravle back in tim maybe that is the cause of the Messiah "Jesus", lets say some renegade time traveler who decided to create a religion who called himself Jesus performed miracles that science would prove possible in the time he came from, of course people from the 1st century would believe anything they were told by someone who could do anything like what the time traveller showed them, and thus christianity was born. Well if someone could beleve in a God, then i can believe in some human creating a religion that would be proved wrong ina few more centuries time.
Sat 06/03/04 at 16:03
Regular
So, does anyone else think that religion is just a way of removing the blame from us as humans for all the crap things we do to each other?
Millions of people have been murdered in the name of religion, yet when it all comes down to it, we eventually have to take responsibility for our own actions. Why do people who say: "i killed someone because a voice in my head told me to do it" go to jail, yet people who say "i killed millions of people because i believe in a different God to him and he told me to do it" are treated as martyrs and heroes?
Surely if there was a God, he would have made himself quite obvious by now? What if God exists only because people believe in him? If everybody accepted that there wasn't a God, would we still be murdering b*st*rds? or would we just find another excuse to kill each other?
Wed 03/03/04 at 03:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Deeply religious types seem to accept science when it is benefiting
> them, but as soon as it steps on the toes of their religious beliefs,
> it is suddenly shrugged off as hocum.
>
> You can't accept one school of science and disregard another, they
> are all performed using the same methods - theories that are
> confirmed through testing of those theories.

Ah, so true.

Maybe in a few years we will go back in time and find out. That'll be fun. And most likely have disastrous consquences. But they're using some ribbons (which are actually pure spectualation, based on a few facts) which are strung in the galaxy. The idea is, if you travel round them close enough and fast enough, you'll arive back where you where before you left.

Which would make Time Travel possible.
Wed 03/03/04 at 02:04
Regular
Deeply religious types seem to accept science when it is benefiting them, but as soon as it steps on the toes of their religious beliefs, it is suddenly shrugged off as hocum.

You can't accept one school of science and disregard another, they are all performed using the same methods - theories that are confirmed through testing of those theories.
Wed 03/03/04 at 01:59
Regular
The flaw with religion is:

Well, with science, people choose their facts after seeing the evidence.
The problem with religion is that people choose their evidence after seeing the "facts".

So you see why science is more trustworthy.

Besides, this PC is living proof that science is correct.
Religion relies PURELY on belief.

Not that it's a bad thing, but when some nutter tries to shout down science with their religion, they're asking to be laughed at.
Tue 02/03/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Bicycle"
Aye, like those emails from microsoft telling me the XBox isn't a the new fridge.

I'm like, whatever! Talk to the hand.
Tue 02/03/04 at 20:09
Regular
I reject you all.

You're so rejectable.
"period drama"
I said how can you damn a **non-believer** to hell when if they don't believe in God, they surely won't believe in Satan.
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hehehe... Houlier than though (be funnier if he supported 'pool.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.