GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey! Religious people! Forest Fan means you."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm aware that there are other religious people on these boards, but I've never seen forest fan outside of the "Being a Christian" thread.

Anyhoo,

I'm curious to know what you think about the possibility of life on other planets, especially since the existence of water is looking increasingly likely on Mars (but for this you would have to believe in evolution, or is it another of gods pranks?)

Do you think that our species is the only in existence throughout the galaxy?

Do you accept the possibility, but think that since man was created in gods image that they'll look exactly the same as us?

Is it some other belief?

I'm curious.
Tue 09/03/04 at 14:41
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I'm aware that there are other religious people on these boards, but
> I've never seen forest fan outside of the "Being a
> Christian" thread.

Here I am
>
> Anyhoo,
>
> I'm curious to know what you think about the possibility of life on
> other planets, especially since the existence of water is looking
> increasingly likely on Mars (but for this you would have to believe
> in evolution, or is it another of gods pranks?)
> Do you think that our species is the only in existence throughout the
> galaxy?
>

> Do you accept the possibility, but think that since man was created
> in gods image that they'll look exactly the same as us?
>
There are no other life forms

> Is it some other belief?
>
> I'm curious.
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:44
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> People could argue that Mars was God's failed attempt at Earth or
> something.
>
> And Earth is another failed attempt and heaven is the success?
>
> Hmmm

People could say that Sheepy is a failed attempt and Wendigo (Borat) is the success.
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:43
Regular
ARGH, it burns
Fri 05/03/04 at 13:42
"possibly impossible"
[B]In God's Image{/B]
Well, the problem is not with what you've said, but the understanding of that phrase.

The phrase is another one of those strange 'direct translations' which doesn't really mean literally what it says. To be made in the image of God is to be made with the same principals and more importantly freedom of choice. God, after all, is not represented as a man or woman, but is a spirit with no physical shape.
Wed 03/03/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People could argue that Mars was God's failed attempt at Earth or something.

And Earth is another failed attempt and heaven is the success?

Hmmm
Wed 03/03/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> How would water existing on Mars mean you have to believe in
> evolution?

Because if you don't believe in evolution it means life doesn't need any prerequisites to exist - it just springs out of nowhere thanks to whichever god is in vogue.

Scientists, however, claim that life need water - in evolution the first creatures that were of any size were.....fish/sea creatures.... water is also needed to sustain life as we know it - without water we die, pretty much everything does.

We know earth had water in the beginning, until now we haven't found water on another planet closer to us - none on the moon - it's like we were a fluke, but with water on mars it means our planet was not unique, life did not come from some god or something. Anything other than evolution is less and less likely the more we find out about mars.
Wed 03/03/04 at 19:12
"period drama"
How would water existing on Mars mean you have to believe in evolution?
Wed 03/03/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was going to make a joke about God having a dump on a whistlestop trip past Earth but I decided not to.
Wed 03/03/04 at 15:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
"If you think the walk down to the chemist's is big, that's just peanuts compared to space"

One of the more recent theories of life on Earth is interesting - the hypothesis that bacteria actually travelled to Earth on a comet, large enough for some to survive the descent through our atmosphere. It is thought to have landed in Yellowstone National Park. But if this is true, then it begs the question of how the bacteria got onto the comet/meteor. Which we won't find in our life times.
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Simon Says wrote:
> Yes, but his argument is a tongue in cheek argument that goes
> something along the line of if the universe is so infinitely huge
> that the chances of meeting any intelligent life are infinitely
> small, therefore any life you do bump into is a figmant of a deranged
> imagination.

Oh aye. "The Universe is big, really big.........."

Its been a while since I've read Adams work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.