GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey! Religious people! Forest Fan means you."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm aware that there are other religious people on these boards, but I've never seen forest fan outside of the "Being a Christian" thread.

Anyhoo,

I'm curious to know what you think about the possibility of life on other planets, especially since the existence of water is looking increasingly likely on Mars (but for this you would have to believe in evolution, or is it another of gods pranks?)

Do you think that our species is the only in existence throughout the galaxy?

Do you accept the possibility, but think that since man was created in gods image that they'll look exactly the same as us?

Is it some other belief?

I'm curious.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I'm aware that there are other religious people on these boards, but I've never seen forest fan outside of the "Being a Christian" thread.

Anyhoo,

I'm curious to know what you think about the possibility of life on other planets, especially since the existence of water is looking increasingly likely on Mars (but for this you would have to believe in evolution, or is it another of gods pranks?)

Do you think that our species is the only in existence throughout the galaxy?

Do you accept the possibility, but think that since man was created in gods image that they'll look exactly the same as us?

Is it some other belief?

I'm curious.
Tue 02/03/04 at 23:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Me too. Maybe he only created us in his image, and them in the image of......his lazier cousin, who had a big green head and slitty eyes.

There's a Prince Philip joke waiting to get out.
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
(pop)

C'mon forest fan. Enlighten me.
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:26
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Imagine the consequences if, somehow (and I suck at science so ignore me if this is totally impossible) that life began on mars but was somehow transferred to earth, to eventually become what is on earth today?

It'd screw up every religion and loads of science.
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Belldandy wrote:
> Imagine the consequences if, somehow (and I suck at science so ignore
> me if this is totally impossible) that life began on mars but was
> somehow transferred to earth, to eventually become what is on earth
> today?
>
> It'd screw up every religion and loads of science.

That's weird.
I was thinking about something like that the other day.

If like, billlliiionnss of years ago, we used to live on Mars and so on with uber-advanced technology.
Then there was some kind of disaster or something that'd render the planet uninhabitable.

So we flew some spaceships (I know, this is getting...dodgy) out to Earth to set up there.
And, erm.
They crashed or something. And nothing survived except some bacteria or something.

And it evolved.
*Shrugs*

You can't really say that didn't happen, can you?
Wed 03/03/04 at 08:44
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I was thinking more along the lines of bacteria, or whatever it is, somehow, by chance, getting to earth and life coming from that. Either way the fact mars could support life is important.

Where is that life now?

If there was no life then why?

Maybe the water is still there somewhere - and if it then it's a green light for a mission to the planet and an eventual colony.

Get a colony on mars, and we can go further.

If this cold fusion technology experiments come together and the stuff works then we could be looking at a new age of space exploration in 10 years or less.
Wed 03/03/04 at 09:52
Regular
"I ush!"
This will probably be a bit of a ramble as its still before ten and I've only had one cup of coffee.

There are some, in my opinion highly unlikely theories that there was intelligent life on mars. There have been reports of pyramids on Mars and also a spooky looking face in a space helmet built into Mars's geology. Also there have been some dubious calculations that show the pyramids on earth and on mars may have at some point lined up in some way.
I don't buy that though.

Nasa recently found evidence of water on Mars. However, we have had evidence of water, or at least liquid on Mars for years. You can see dry lakes and rivers, and polar caps from this planet. My question would be where has it gone? If there is water there now it will be ice, probably in the rock itself or deep in the martian canals.

Apparently the second most likely planet to support life in the solar system was venus, but because of a slight difference in temperature at some point the water there didn't form into liquid and now due to an extreme greenhouse effect (H20 vapour is the largest contributing greenhouse gas you know!) it rains acid and the temperatures are unbearable. Until that point venus looked very much like earth.

In terms of life on other planets I'm doubtful of life in our solar system but surely there must be life on planets in other galaxies? I don't believe in a lot of the alien x files stuff, but although it may be inconciquential I think if there is life here there must be other life somewhere.

Kind of the reverse of Douglas Adams's argument that there is no life anywhere in the universe.
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Simon Says wrote:
> Kind of the reverse of Douglas Adams's argument that there is no life
> anywhere in the universe.

I thought Adams was a firm beliver in extraterrestrial life?
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:25
Regular
"I ush!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Simon Says wrote:
> Kind of the reverse of Douglas Adams's argument that there is no
> life
> anywhere in the universe.
>
> I thought Adams was a firm beliver in extraterrestrial life?

Yes, but his argument is a tongue in cheek argument that goes something along the line of if the universe is so infinitely huge that the chances of meeting any intelligent life are infinitely small, therefore any life you do bump into is a figmant of a deranged imagination.
Wed 03/03/04 at 10:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Simon Says wrote:
> Yes, but his argument is a tongue in cheek argument that goes
> something along the line of if the universe is so infinitely huge
> that the chances of meeting any intelligent life are infinitely
> small, therefore any life you do bump into is a figmant of a deranged
> imagination.

Oh aye. "The Universe is big, really big.........."

Its been a while since I've read Adams work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.