GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Depressed."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/03/04 at 22:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, we all get depressed. Some more than others. Your dog dies, you lose your phone, your PS2 breaks - whatever. We all feel a little low from time to time.

Seems every day I wake up with stuff to do "Yeah, gotta show my script at college, get some feedback!" - go in, one person out of about five actually reads it, says it's alright.

"Yeah, gotta go to work, there are four girls there I like!" - one girl is off, I don't sit anywhere near another, things are going "just OK" with the other and I just found out the one I really like spent the night with some *expletive deleted* who works on the other side of the building. And my amazingly funny (I swear!) jokes don't make her laugh, they make her angry, resulting in much "I hate you" talk. Unless I'm making fun of myself or our militaristic manager, she doesn't want to know. My mate is off on Wednesday, it'll be interesting to see if she approaches me to go on our break when he's not here (it's usually me and my friend and her)

Then there's the competition for her. My friend. His friend. His friend's friend, whom she really likes and just spent the night with. Lost in the shuffle is poor MoJo, like a fish out of water. Younger girls are meant to dig older blokes like me (she just turned 17, I'm almost 20 - yikes) Wait, that's true, since the other bloke is my age... Worse still, got a night out coming up, and she's inviting him along. The other girl I really like is part of one of those religions which basically says "no" to drinking (being culturally retarded, I couldn't tell you what religion she is) so plan A - get her so drunk her inhibitions fall enough so she goes for me - is right out the window. Being yourself doesn't work when you're ugly.

Walking home, slipping on the ice and listening to some MP3s, I got so depressed - I almost stopped dead in my tracks, I lost the will to go on. I'm almost 20 and living at home. I want to be a film maker but I'm too lazy to REALLY get out there and make it happen. I haven't had a bird for years and if it weren't for my recent trip to Thailand, I'd be worrying if my equipment was still in order. I'm failing my college course and without it I can't go to uni. I can't drive and I'm too lazy to learn. Girls I like either see me as a friend or don't see me at all. And I only see my mates once a week, if that.

I'm stuck in a cycle of college and work, there doesn't seem like there's any time for ME anymore. I just do as I'm told. Get up, go to college, come home, go to work, come home, sleep, get up, go to college, come home... By the weekend I'm too knackered to want to go out, and I have to book time with my friends six months in advance if I want to see them anyway.

OK, so my dog hasn't died, I haven't lost my phone and my PS2 hasn't stopped working, but I'm still depressed. Had to vent it.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, we all get depressed. Some more than others. Your dog dies, you lose your phone, your PS2 breaks - whatever. We all feel a little low from time to time.

Seems every day I wake up with stuff to do "Yeah, gotta show my script at college, get some feedback!" - go in, one person out of about five actually reads it, says it's alright.

"Yeah, gotta go to work, there are four girls there I like!" - one girl is off, I don't sit anywhere near another, things are going "just OK" with the other and I just found out the one I really like spent the night with some *expletive deleted* who works on the other side of the building. And my amazingly funny (I swear!) jokes don't make her laugh, they make her angry, resulting in much "I hate you" talk. Unless I'm making fun of myself or our militaristic manager, she doesn't want to know. My mate is off on Wednesday, it'll be interesting to see if she approaches me to go on our break when he's not here (it's usually me and my friend and her)

Then there's the competition for her. My friend. His friend. His friend's friend, whom she really likes and just spent the night with. Lost in the shuffle is poor MoJo, like a fish out of water. Younger girls are meant to dig older blokes like me (she just turned 17, I'm almost 20 - yikes) Wait, that's true, since the other bloke is my age... Worse still, got a night out coming up, and she's inviting him along. The other girl I really like is part of one of those religions which basically says "no" to drinking (being culturally retarded, I couldn't tell you what religion she is) so plan A - get her so drunk her inhibitions fall enough so she goes for me - is right out the window. Being yourself doesn't work when you're ugly.

Walking home, slipping on the ice and listening to some MP3s, I got so depressed - I almost stopped dead in my tracks, I lost the will to go on. I'm almost 20 and living at home. I want to be a film maker but I'm too lazy to REALLY get out there and make it happen. I haven't had a bird for years and if it weren't for my recent trip to Thailand, I'd be worrying if my equipment was still in order. I'm failing my college course and without it I can't go to uni. I can't drive and I'm too lazy to learn. Girls I like either see me as a friend or don't see me at all. And I only see my mates once a week, if that.

I'm stuck in a cycle of college and work, there doesn't seem like there's any time for ME anymore. I just do as I'm told. Get up, go to college, come home, go to work, come home, sleep, get up, go to college, come home... By the weekend I'm too knackered to want to go out, and I have to book time with my friends six months in advance if I want to see them anyway.

OK, so my dog hasn't died, I haven't lost my phone and my PS2 hasn't stopped working, but I'm still depressed. Had to vent it.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
There there, Sheepy loves you.

Things get better, about 18 months ago I was depressed as hell and things have just got better and better.

Forget the crappy girls at work, just think to yourself how crap they'd be in bed. Do the work you need, try and get to Uni and other stuff like driving doesn't really matter just now.

Or you could always move to Thailand.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
Those biatches at your work aren't worth the eggs you should throw at them.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:14
"Mimmargh!"
I understand exactly what you are saying. I often get very depressed for no real good reason other than my life isn't as fantastic as I dreamed it would be when I was an idealistic 10 year old. I get up in the morning look in the mirror and almost cry.

You probably have lots to live for, though I don't know what to say about the whole girl thing. I am even poorer in that department than you are. I don't even seem to know any. I have always been solitary but being single like forever is really starting to get to me psychologically. Anyway, that seems to be the real source of your depression. The monotomy of your daytime routine is something that you can break if you want too. I think you need to get your head down and work though. You can be a self made man if you want too. Like Bubs.

And the relgion of that girl is most probably Islam, which explicitly forbids the consumption of alcohol.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:29
Regular
"That's right!"
But the girls are really canny (the "I hate you" one can be, when she wants, heh) and I've fallen for at least two of them (I never do things by halves)

As for working hard at college - not gonna happen. Too far behind, attendance too low. Just want to do my final major project then disappear from that place for good. Get a full time job, and concentrate on my writing.
Mon 01/03/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
you should know there is difference between depression and being miserable
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:08
"Mimmargh!"
Flockhart wrote:
> you should know there is difference between depression and being
> miserable

The two are usually found together. Like Ren and Stimpy.
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:10
Regular
STEEEEEEMPEEE YOU EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIOT!
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:13
"Mimmargh!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> STEEEEEEMPEEE YOU EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDIOT!

Heh. Those guys were always popular with the ladies. I wonder what their secret was...
Mon 01/03/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Emperor Xerxes Q.C. wrote:
> Flockhart wrote:
> you should know there is difference between depression and being
> miserable
>
> The two are usually found together. Like Ren and Stimpy.

no being miserable is about not being happy with your life for a reason,depression is a psychological condition in which your life is irrelevant to you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.