GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World's Greatest Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Which console do you think is the best?I'd say PS2!
Sat 19/06/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Pc because you can upgrade it and more choices when it comes to games and cheaper aswell
Sat 19/06/04 at 01:23
Regular
The N64 was a bit of a poor console. Expensive hardware, used expensive cartriges, still needed a memory expansion and the pads were too delicate.
Also, while it was powerful for its time, the fact that the later games were bogged by slowdown show that it really couldn't cut the mustard.

But when it comes to having classic games, I don't think there'll ever be a console so good.
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:51
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Lou Role wrote:
> I'd say the best console is the X-Box, from a technical point of view.

I would have to agree, but not the most popular. Ps2 has sold far more than X-box and if you were smart enough you would have bought an X-box.
Mon 31/05/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'd say the best console is the X-Box, from a technical point of view.
Sun 30/05/04 at 20:13
"Zelda + HM = perfec"
Nintendo 64 was by far the greatest console. It had far better graphics than the ps1. Look at the statistics. Also it had far better games such as Zelda: Oot, Mario 64, Banjo Tooie, Majora's Mask, Pokémon Stadium to name afew.
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:01
Regular
Mog the cat wrote:
> five years ago I would have said playstation 1 cause it was state of
> the art when it first hit the shops most of them lie collecting dust
> in poeple's atics. It cr##ed all over the nintendo 64 with far better
> graphics and, for about 4 years it didint have any rivals and earned
> it's self a great reputation now id say playstation 2 rules

On what basis? My guess is because it's because you have one and know nothing of the other consoles.

Look at the hardware - it's inferior to Xbox in every way.

Look at the software - "quantity over quality" is sure tattood on Sony's backside.
Sun 16/05/04 at 17:31
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
well done. :D
Sun 16/05/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Ooooooo, I finally made a really long thread!Keep chating everyone! :)
Sun 09/05/04 at 00:34
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Shut up shut up please.
Thu 06/05/04 at 17:06
Regular
"object"
five years ago I would have said playstation 1 cause it was state of the art when it first hit the shops most of them lie collecting dust in poeple's atics. It cr##ed all over the nintendo 64 with far better graphics and, for about 4 years it didint have any rivals and earned it's self a great reputation now id say playstation 2 rules

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.