GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help find a cure for cancer"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/04/01 at 14:43
Regular
On Saturday, a childhood hero of mine - David Rocastle - died of a form of cancer. He was 33.

My best friend's dad also died from cancer a few years ago.

I also fear cancer because, though I've never smoked, I grew up with two parents who were heavy smokers; my mum has since given up, but my dad continues to smoke reasonably heavily.

Now all of us with PC's or Mac's have a chance to assist in finding a cure for this disease.

Go to this URL:

http://members.ud.com /vypc/cancer/

(remember to remove the space)

...and download the software. It runs in your computer's spare cycles and analyses potential cures for cancer.

All other relevant info can be found on the site.

If anyone is interested in joining it, I have created a team called 'Special Reserve Forum Regulars'.
Tue 03/04/01 at 14:43
"High polygon count"
On Saturday, a childhood hero of mine - David Rocastle - died of a form of cancer. He was 33.

My best friend's dad also died from cancer a few years ago.

I also fear cancer because, though I've never smoked, I grew up with two parents who were heavy smokers; my mum has since given up, but my dad continues to smoke reasonably heavily.

Now all of us with PC's or Mac's have a chance to assist in finding a cure for this disease.

Go to this URL:

http://members.ud.com /vypc/cancer/

(remember to remove the space)

...and download the software. It runs in your computer's spare cycles and analyses potential cures for cancer.

All other relevant info can be found on the site.

If anyone is interested in joining it, I have created a team called 'Special Reserve Forum Regulars'.
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Whatever!"
It was such a shock to hear about David Rocastle - I remember him best for helping Arsenal to that infamous victory at Anfield beating my team Liverpool to the championship in 88.

Just visited the website - My computer is having real problems at the moment and wont seem to download anything, but I will get it sorted hopefully by the end of the week and join so you can count me in!!!
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:37
"High polygon count"
Hi mattyboy.

Check the FoG forum for a thread of the same name, for more info on the current (temporary) problems with the site.
Tue 03/04/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks Wookiee!! Will do!!
Wed 04/04/01 at 18:16
My comedy hero, Kenny Everett, died from cancer too.

I will help you Wookie Monster.
Wed 04/04/01 at 21:14
Regular
Kenny Everett was great... I remember the day they announced his death on the news quite well...
Wed 04/04/01 at 21:42
"High polygon count"
Cheers saesee.

Kenny Everett was a favourite of mine too.

Maybe if people don't take part in this, we should "round 'em up, put 'em in a field, and BOMB THE B***ARDS!" :-)
Wed 04/04/01 at 22:04
Regular
I have lost a member of my family to cancer. He was 75, so he had a good life, and was very happy throughout, but its still very sad, and I`d like to do what I can.

I have little time on the net at the moment, as I am at home (I've only posted 2 mesaages in three days!), but will be able to do much more when I return to uni in just over two weeks.

Will the cancer help still be running? If it won't be, then let me know, and I'll try my best to come on using this computer.
Wed 04/04/01 at 22:13
"High polygon count"
I'm sure it'll still be running! They need around 24 million processor hours, so it'll run for some time yet.

See the thread of the same name on the FoG forum for much more info; any CPU time you can devote will be of use, but unless the machine is on for hours at a time - or permanently - to be honest, it's probably not worth it; it takes hours to process one batch.
Thu 05/04/01 at 13:07
Count me in.
My younger brother (16 yeras old) Died a nearly a year ago, but not from cancer, so I know whets it’s like to loose someone you love. I can’t download it to this pc as it’s my works laptop but when I get home I will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.