GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wot is the best console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/01 at 20:55
Regular
I wos wandering who ever is reading this could tell me wot their best console is Thanks ( hey and nobody call me a weasel)THANKS
Sun 18/03/01 at 13:16
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Someone set us up the bomb...

Eh?
Sun 18/03/01 at 13:13
Regular
Didn't think i bored people that much
Sun 18/03/01 at 13:11
Regular
Someone set us up the bomb...
Sun 18/03/01 at 10:51
Regular
But then its such a subjective thing anyway, everyone will have a different opinion. That is obviously the objective of using these forums, but when some people start trying to "force feed" me their opinion, it kind of annoys me somewhat.

I dont think this actually has anything to do with this topic but i thought id add it anyway :-)
Sun 18/03/01 at 10:49
Regular
If you base it on good games then i think its the SNES or DC.
Sun 18/03/01 at 10:19
Regular
Dan2K1 wrote:
> If it is simply the best console around now, then the PS2 obviously
> wins."
In your opinion.
In my opinion it is the
> Dreamcast now, because there are now games that can rival the best
> on Dreamcast. PS2 has 50% more power, so I can't wait to see what's
> in store, but for now the DC is the best.

Again, and this is the second time I `ve said it, I didn`t base this view on the games, or the sales, or the supporters or anything, I was merely saying which was the better console. It can totally exclude the games, which is what I was trying to say. Therefore the PS2 would be the best "console". As I said before, the best console may be different if you nase it on sales, in which case PSone or Gameboy would be up at the top. If you base it on good games, it could go to virtually any console.
Sat 17/03/01 at 23:48
Regular
gronti_v, you have just written the most condescending (look itup in the dictionary) load of blatant biased rubbish i have ever read!
just to let you know
:-)
Sat 17/03/01 at 23:46
i have all the console
Sat 17/03/01 at 23:43
"High polygon count"
> (Unless you would prefer First person shooters...
> did you ever hear of Half-Life? or Deus Ex? Possibly Strategy games
> like Age of Empires?

Yes. In fact they're that good, that they're coming to PS2! And possibly other consoles, too...

> Or maybe Role Playing Games like Baldur's Gate.

RPG? You mean like the Final Fantasy series on the PlayStation, or the Zelda games on the the N64, or Shenmue on the Dreamcast, or Dark Cloud on the PS2...
Sat 17/03/01 at 23:42
Regular
"everyone says it"
well I have them all, but I won't boast, I have a broken PS2 and a PS2 at work so I ain't fussing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.