GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rather Urgent-ish -- Constant Crashing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's my our old friend - my dad's PC.

A while ago, he got a new Gfx card - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, Tyan Tachyon make.

Anyways, recently it's been freezing after about 1-2 minutes of playing Moh:AA.

It used to be fine, it's all so suddenly. Moh: AA Breakthrough (the Expansion) was fine also.

So what's going on?
It's all (seems to be) installed properly.
It has a built on thermometer thingy, and checking that before play, it's only touching 30 degrees C, and the danger area is 70.

Hmm.
Help!

(And MOD - I'm going to slap you if you touch this thread)
Thu 04/12/03 at 23:55
Good for you. Someone's nicked my MOH CD...
Thu 04/12/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Heh, no, but I tell you, I was *that* much away from doing just that.

Well, I rewired the power cables connecting the hardware to the PSU - I think they were set up wrong, giving various pieces of hardware either too much or too little voltage.
I compared the wiring to my own computer, and changed it about.

Couldn't try it til' not too long ago, because, as I said, the CD-RW wasn't being detected.
This was because when bunching the wires together, my dad (yeah yeah, blame it on someone else) had inadvertantly disconnected the IDE cable.

So, once I'd sorted that (it took me ages to actually find out was wrong - never thought the solution'd be as bloody simple) I tried MoH on max settings.

Perfect.
It was crashing on the minimum settings before, but now it's smooth as 'owt.
Yey.
Thu 04/12/03 at 22:58
What did you do? Hit it?
Thu 04/12/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Woo
I fixed it.
Dunno how.
But I fixed.

Working perfectly well, with game settings at max etc.
Glad that's over.
Thu 04/12/03 at 22:09
Regular
"Digging!"
Under load means with the CPU running at 100%
Thu 04/12/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> when system is under load.

Mewhaeh?
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:56
Regular
I have heard of GPU's on certain motherboards but it is widely documented and would be on the motherboard manafacturers site, The fact there is no heatsink on the northbridge isnt that bad as the motherboard manafacturer would not have made the motherboard without a chipset fan if it hadnt been tested thouroughly, check the heat of the actuall cpu in windows, try using another program like hmonitor which detects the cpu heat and the voltages then see them when system is under load.

Colin
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:39
Oh another reason could be that the motherboard is incompatible with the GPU.
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:38
Replace considering with assuming.
Thu 04/12/03 at 20:37
Well considering there's fan over the CPU, then yes - though it's probably due to dust more than anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.