GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rather Urgent-ish -- Constant Crashing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's my our old friend - my dad's PC.

A while ago, he got a new Gfx card - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, Tyan Tachyon make.

Anyways, recently it's been freezing after about 1-2 minutes of playing Moh:AA.

It used to be fine, it's all so suddenly. Moh: AA Breakthrough (the Expansion) was fine also.

So what's going on?
It's all (seems to be) installed properly.
It has a built on thermometer thingy, and checking that before play, it's only touching 30 degrees C, and the danger area is 70.

Hmm.
Help!

(And MOD - I'm going to slap you if you touch this thread)
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
It's my our old friend - my dad's PC.

A while ago, he got a new Gfx card - ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, Tyan Tachyon make.

Anyways, recently it's been freezing after about 1-2 minutes of playing Moh:AA.

It used to be fine, it's all so suddenly. Moh: AA Breakthrough (the Expansion) was fine also.

So what's going on?
It's all (seems to be) installed properly.
It has a built on thermometer thingy, and checking that before play, it's only touching 30 degrees C, and the danger area is 70.

Hmm.
Help!

(And MOD - I'm going to slap you if you touch this thread)
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:41
Regular
First off all update your graphics drivers then see if that works, also check temps of cpu under load not idle and see what that goes to, the other problem could be to do with the memory but try the other options before messing with that.

Colin
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:46
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Sorry, forgot to mention that.

The drivers that were in were the new ones from ati.com, which I installed less than a month ago.
No avail.

So, I uninstalled the card completely, physically removed it, reinstalled it all, updated AGP chipset driver from sis.com, then tried it, and it froze after about 2 minutes (about half an hour ago all this was).

GRR!
Wed 03/12/03 at 18:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
The thing that really keeps bugging me though, is that it was working perfectly well not too long ago.
You could play for hours, and it'd be fine.
Hmm.
Wed 03/12/03 at 19:08
Regular
Could be dodgy ram or video card then i suppose, if you have 2 or more srtickc of ram then remove some until you have just one stick in then try it, also try closing down all background apps.

Colin
Wed 03/12/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Apparently, Memory temperature 1 is 146 degrees C, and Memory temperature 2 is 164.

VPU temp is 83, apparently.
This is according to the Tyan Tachyon control panel thing, that gives you the temperature etc.

There's only 1 stick of RAM by the way.
Muuuhhhh.
Wed 03/12/03 at 19:41
Regular
146 (!)

Thats mentally high. Check the cooler on your graphics card aint broke.
Wed 03/12/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I know, I think it is.

How do I check this?
Wed 03/12/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Anyone?
Wed 03/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmm.

The built on fan spins wonderfully enough, and it certainly doesn't feel 164 degrees to the touch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.