GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo Deluxe edition Online?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/11/03 at 14:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/ default.asp?subsectionid=159&articleid=66184&pagetype=2

Hell yes, count me in.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:13
Regular
now this is something i would get live for
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
TGMbloke wrote:
> Mr Snuggly - you work for SR yeah? So if such a game was to come out
> surelly you would be first to know as SR would need to stock it.
>
> Is your posting of this topic a clever way of telling us without
> "actually" giving away the secret? If so please say yes!
> Online Halo with GameSpy is cool with voice I may have a heart
> attack.

I can categorically state that in my position at Special Reserve, I am privy to almost no interesting information from anyone whatsoever. In fact, you kids probably know me than I do just by reading other people's websites. This one, however, I reckon to be true. Would explain why it was never released as a Classic, non?

My prediction - an announcement on Saturday in the US, a Halo Deluxe Edition to be released worldwide in Jan/Feb, a budget price with online functionalities. There's no way something like this could be finalised, distributed and advermatised before Christmas. All speculation, I'm afraid.
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:29
"I love yo... lamp."
Dreams do come true! I thought of a Live version of it the other day.

I think it would be a good idea. Firstly, it looks like Halo 2 will be out at Easter, but perhaps it was running late again. By bringing out an online version it would keep interest and hype up.

Also it is time for Halo to go to the classics range. If Halo Deluxe Edition as Prima call it is released at £20 like Ghost Recon Island Thunder then a lot of people would buy it. I would. And if a few new things were thrown in then all the better.

16 player system link Halo was the absolute mutts nuts. By bringing it to live it would boost live numbers, sell a lot of copies and give bungie enough time to fully do Halo 2 rather than rush it.

Perhaps this is what was actually delaying it.

And whilst Halo has an online multiplayer on the PC I would rather have it on Live. The reason for that is that Halo on PC is a resource hog, and my PC would not run it without an upgrade.

Yey yey yey!
Fri 14/11/03 at 10:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
One thing is defnitely true, there is some kind of HALO linked announcement on Saturday in the US from Microsoft.

So far I've read the following predictions:

*Halo Deluxe announced - classics release with Live components
*Halo Deluxe out (US) and UK release given date.
*Halo LIVE components downloadable on Live to all original owners of the game
*Halo Deluxe with Halo 2 Playable Demo
*Halo 2 release date
*Halo 2 actual release
*Halo 2 playable demo downloadable on Live to all subscribers

Obvisouly some of these are pipedreams, and they could all be way off the mark though.

Snuggly is right on the information thing, most stores know less than the gamers, when I was at woolworths the first we heard of any new bundle was by fax the same day we received stock, which was usually the day before release. Granted Woolworth's is not exactly GAME but I doubt it's much different anywhere.
Fri 14/11/03 at 10:26
Regular
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/ content_page.php?section_name=dev&aid=2556

Oh. Feck.

Could be more misinformation, but.....
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:04
"I love yo... lamp."
*sobs*

To have all my dreams shattered like that is cruel.
Sat 15/11/03 at 11:09
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/ action/halo2/news_6083525.html
Sat 15/11/03 at 19:17
What? That was a major disappointment...
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:49
Regular
"\\"
TGMbloke wrote:
> For $179.99. A-Maze-Ing. Its to celebrate the XBOX's 2nd US Birthday.
> Bring on March 14th for us as I can't wait for this deal - Tetris!

I so hope you were being sarcastic.
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:51
No link or anything, so probably.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.