GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/10/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Va Va Voom"
I'm quite a fan of the Buffy serieses but I just checked out how much it would cost to buy all 6 of them on dvd as I was considering getting them for Christmas.

£333

How about NO!

Does anyone else find this a little overpriced?
I was expecting maybe £200 because there are a lot of episodes but hell that is too much!

Maybe I'll just get a couple of serieses instead!
Fri 31/10/03 at 15:11
Regular
> get them 2nd hand from ebay maybe?

Some of us have got standards, love.

Go back to your 'car boot sales'. Its always amazed me why so many lower class peasants would want to buy tatty old boots second hand.
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Crazy_Daisy wrote:
> I'm quite a fan of the Buffy serieses but I just checked out how much
> it would cost to buy all 6 of them on dvd as I was considering
> getting them for Christmas.
>
> £333

*gasp* why, that's half of 666.. and it's halloween and EVERYTHING!!! :D

get them 2nd hand from ebay maybe?
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Belldandy wrote:
> Meh, you should try X Files box sets which retail at 89.99 despite
> being the same length as Buffy box sets...

*shocked*

£89.99 for a series...

My GOD!
Fri 31/10/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> Alias boxset only has 2 less episodes, and a fair few extras, yet it's
> half the price.
>
> Meh, you should try X Files box sets which retail at 89.99 despite
> being the same length as Buffy box sets...

No Alias and Buffy are 22 episodes each season, apart from Season 1 of Buffy which has only 12. 24 has 24 episode suprisingly :).

Buffy DVDs do have a few extras but not lots, and not many more than Alias or 24.
Fri 31/10/03 at 09:49
Regular
'Buffy was good, after series 1 it was rubbish. Same thing happens with all programmes, are good at the start but soon out of ideas and become rubbish.'

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Buffy's worst season was s1, it was at season 2 with the addition of Spike, Dru and Angelus that it became a brilliant show.

Most american series peak at season 3-5, when the actors, and writers really know their characters and they start to explore different ways of storytelling. There are occational series which don't follow this rule, but Simpsons, X files etc do.

Oh and, abou the DVD's: I know a great offer on Amazon I think where you can buy seasons '1 2 3 and 4' in a bundle for about 100 quid i think. They're all region 1 though, so make sure you can play them.
Fri 31/10/03 at 09:26
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Alias boxset only has 2 less episodes, and a fair few extras, yet it's half the price.

Meh, you should try X Files box sets which retail at 89.99 despite being the same length as Buffy box sets...
Fri 31/10/03 at 02:46
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Yeah they are a bit pricey. Take 24 for example which has 2 extra
> episodes and only costs £33 online, where as Buffy still costs
> £60 online, apart from the 12 episode Season 1 set.

But to be fair, there are more extras on the Buffy sets than on 24, Alias or even Babylon 5.

But then, should we pay double for 'extras' which we may only watch once?

They are overpriced, though - but that has always been an issue with Fox DVDs, hasn't it? I recall not too long ago there was an internet campaign to get Fox to drop the price of their discs because they were on average $5/£5 more than anyone else.

I could copy the lot for you for half the retail price.

But that would be illegal! :-)
Thu 30/10/03 at 23:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Cubist wrote:
> You sure it's only one stand alone? I've got Welcome To The Hell Mouth
> on VHS and that's only a couple of episodes. I really want the box
> sets too though so I'll just wait for the price to come down a bit
> which I'm predicting in December.

Well really no episode is "stand alone" every episode in a season is released on the Boxsets. I think only a few VHS and DVDs have been released with 1 or 2 episodes on. Thats the pilot episodes, musical and I think a few of the season finals. But all these episodes are on the VHS boxsets or the DVD boxsets so you wouldnt really buy them if you have the boxsets.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
You sure it's only one stand alone? I've got Welcome To The Hell Mouth on VHS and that's only a couple of episodes. I really want the box sets too though so I'll just wait for the price to come down a bit which I'm predicting in December.
Thu 30/10/03 at 09:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Previous post should be "cant see why they are that much" instead of "can see" :)

SR should incorporate a edit post field for our own posts as then we can get rid of these small little typos :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.