GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - Special Reserve: The Game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/10/03 at 17:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah yeah yeah, I know. It was supposed to be judged last year. So sue me. Sometimes I think you freaks don't appreciate how hard I wo... sorry, getting a bit agitated. Anyway, the point is, we've finally got around to polishing off this competition. And I'm happy to announce we have two main winners and two runners-up.

The main winners are...

TGMBloke for his interactive video quiz, and...
Jim-hat and Chad Niga for their SR Lost Gameadays Adventure.

It's obvious that both of these games had hours and hours of effort poured into them, so it'd be criminal not reward the creators. You both get to choose a game of your choice up to the value of £50 (jim-hat and Chad will have to argue it out themselves).

And the runners-up are...

HalloHowArtThou for his excellent monkey SR adventure, and...
Mojojojo for his Spam Hard game

Again, it's great to see people putting real effort into these games and they were a cut above the rest. However, I can't give everyone who made a good game a full prize, so you two will have to make do with a game up to the value of £25.

Thanks again to everyone who entered, part of the reason this competition took so long to judge was because we were having so much fun playing all the games. Give yourself a big pat on the back everyone who entered (and we enjoyed the non-playable entries too, so don't think they went unnoticed). Scroll through this thread and you'll find links to all the winning entries eventually.

Thanks all!
Ali

-----------------------

Those of you who already have your Special Reserve club mags will be feeling a sense of smug satisfaction, but I thought I'd make it official and let all the monkeys on the chat forums know about the latest Extra Gameaday prize. If you want the game of your choice (up to the value of £50) then you'll have to design... Special Reserve: The Game!

We want you to use your extensive game knowledge and expertise to design a game based on Special Reserve! How far you want to take this simple premise is up to you, but the more imaginative efforts are more likely to be rewarded. You can simply jot down a few game ideas such as what kind of game it'll be, main characters, storylines etc. or you can even go further, draw pictures, design levels - it's totally up to you how far you want to take this thing!

What will it be? A Sims-style romp around Special Reserve Towers? A platformer starring our very own Tony? A resource-management set in our Sawbridgeworth store? The choice, as always, is down to you. You should write a short synopsis of your game, complete with characters, storyline and anything else of interest. You can supply illustrations, make flash animation or even (and it's a long shot) code a real game if you desire! Use your imagination and get your game on!

If the entries are good enough then we may think about multiple prizes for this one, and extra special efforts may win a bigger prize than normal, we'll see. You can enter in this thread if you want, post links to games/animations/images etc here, or put them on paper and send them to:

Special Reserve Marketing Department,
Make a Game competition,
2 South Block,
The Maltings,
Sawbridgeworth,
Herts,
CM21 9JX

All entries must be submitted by November 28th (posted entries must arrive on time) and hopefully we'll wade through the entries and pick a winner for Chrimble. Looking forward to seeing the entries to this one to be honest, you lot thrive on competitions where you have to flex your creative muscles!

Possible characters for your game:

Tony
Mr Snuggly
Loki
Darkus
Bob
Candyfloss
Any old staff members etc.
Page:
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Well done niddle and mojo
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Woo! Good to know my many missed days of college were not in vein.

I can still complete it with one hand, even after all this time. Go me!
Fri 02/01/04 at 16:17
"slightlyshortertagl"
YeY

Second GAD. Ever.
Fri 02/01/04 at 15:00
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Thanks snug man. And weldone TGM
Fri 02/01/04 at 14:45
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yey !!! woot
Fri 02/01/04 at 12:21
Regular
Jim-Hat and Chad Niga, a deserved win.

Well done the rest of you.
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Well done to the winners
Fri 02/01/04 at 11:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ooh, some winners!
Tue 30/12/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Selected"
my game is me and candyfloss getting nasty in an elevator
Tue 30/12/03 at 21:57
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> a) Download http://www.btinternet.com/~mattbatt/data/thegame.zip

the link just goes to some BT page :( I want to play
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.