GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Death Penalty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/10/03 at 20:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
Who agrees with the Death Penalty. I perosnally would like to see it come back for cases of Murder, Child molesering and so on. I know people say yo can get the wrong guy, but if complex detective worked is first carried out, I belive that all the Sickos should get fried! Whats you guys opinions?
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No, they make a wrongwrong.
Which is a lot more serious than a wrong, and nowhere near as bad as a terrible.
But still, wrongwrong is midly more preferable to naughtyboy and not quite as shun-worthy as a stupidboy.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
The death sentence is no different from murder.

two wrongs don't make a right.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
@ng3l wrote:

>
> Too Right, Getting out on good behaviour is pathetic, they get banged
> up for been BAD. I thnk prisons a joke, might aswell send them on
> bloody holiday!

And you'd know, right? What, are you a member of HM Prison Inspectorate, or have you just read The Daily Mail's special supplement on why flogging should be brought back? Jesus...
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Right...

Life sentences: When a life sentence is handed out, something called a tariff is set by the trial judge. This is the minimum amount of time that can be served before the prisoner is considered for release.

If and when they are released, they are On Licence. This means that they can be recalled to prison at any time. So if they commit another offence, back they go.

Now; life meaning life. Life sentences are mandatory for murder. Are you saying that all murderors deserve to be put in prison for the rest of their natural lives? Okay, well then first of all; good luck explaining to the numerous people in prison for murdering abusive partners of your reasoning behind taht. Secondly, good luck finding someone willing to be a prison guard in a prison full of people who are never going to be free again and have nothing left to lose.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:08
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
yeah but they done osmthign really bad to get life int he first place! They deserve what they get. As in the death penatly. You do somthign stupid, you get punished. Full stop.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:07
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
So you’re saying that a murderer has the right to take someone’s life and then has the right to live his life! Totally wrong. NO matter how much counselling they have it does not change the fact they have ended someone’s life.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
> @ng3l wrote:
> The thing i dont understand though is when someone gets *life* in
> prison, yet its only about 15 years.

15 Years is a long time though. Imagine you'd gone to prison at 20, in, say, 1988, and you come out at 35 in 2003 - it's a different world, most of you're friends will have gone away, changed, probably don't want to know you anyway, you've missed you're entire twenties, and realistically you'll never get a decent job.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:03
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I disagree that life should mean life, instead we should come up with a more effective reform system, perhaps including psychotherpy counselling or something, so that by the time they aer released, these people are ready - and willing - to make a positive contribution to society. Unlike everyone else.
Thu 23/10/03 at 10:02
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
G-Virus wrote:
> yeah. I think life should mean life. Priosoners just arent scared of
> goin to jail as they know they'll get treated "good" and
> get let out in afew years.

Too Right, Getting out on good behaviour is pathetic, they get banged up for been BAD. I thnk prisons a joke, might aswell send them on bloody holiday!
Thu 23/10/03 at 09:59
Regular
"MaSTeR Of DArkNeSs"
yeah. I thin life shoudl mean life. Priosoners just arent scared of goin to jail as they know they'll get treated "good" and get let out in afew years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.