GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix stuff - very, very cool and strange"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 12:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
A new website has just popped up, at http://www.metacortechs.com - you may remember this as the company Thomas Anderson works for in the original Matrix movie. Only this website is pretending the company is real. There's load of little things you can read and forage about in.

If you click on the Directory link at the bottom, it takes you to a map - click on the Redland section and you're taken to a company database screen. Enter 'AndersonThomas' and you're told that he has been 'transferred'. You can also enter other members of staff and it gives you odd binary codes, flashing images, things like that.

The site also gives you the biggest indication that the whole Matrix thing is 'just a dream', if you look in the News section. It tells of a MetaCortex Games System, which creates the most realistic virtual games system known to man. Uh-oh...

Check it out, it's wicked, kinda like the sites that were launched before AI a few years ago. There's loads of links off to other sites, all fake too. If you check out the Employee of the Month's website, you see she's interested in the paranormal and some of her recent studies suggest that what she's seeing is the Matrix unravelling, as is supposed to happen in Revolutions.

Personally, I think this is a site for the new online Matrix game that'll be released next year, as there is a place to sign-up for Beta testing and the general vibe I get from the site is more games-related than movie-related. Still, definitely worth a look, you could spend hours reading all the stuff and totally get caught up in the fact that it's not real.

More info here:
http://www.comingsoon.net/ forums/showthread.php?threadid=18805

Cool.
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:17
Regular
I love the concept of the Matrix
Tue 07/10/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've been holding out for the 3 film boxset which I knew was inevitable. Doing the same with Lord Of The Rings, too.

*grits teeth and waits until 2004*
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Reloaded DVD has basic features. Apparently the special stuff (deleted scenes/alternate endings/documentaries) are being saved for a box set in 2004 with all 3 movies in, that's why Warners held off the 2-disk Matrix special edition earlier this year before Reloaded came out.

Bah
Tue 07/10/03 at 13:56
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:

> Ok, that would be a bit sucky - the whole thing is a videogame, but
> if explained properly it could be very cool.
> A bit like eXisTenZ from David Cronenberg

It's certainly plausible. There are so many cool ideas flying around at present. Maybe the machines based the concept of the Matrix upon the human development of VR, thus VR would be something you could use whilst in the Matrix, like computers, the internet etc as we created this at the peak of human civilization.

I think.
Mon 06/10/03 at 16:23
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
. That's almost as bad as the
> 'it was all a dream' ending.

Does anyone remember the Wachowskis talking about how good they think Alice in Wonderland is on the Revisited disc? Be afraid, be very afraid...
Mon 06/10/03 at 16:16
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Half of me thinks it's for the Ubisoft Matrix online game that comes
> out after the third film. The other half is desperately hoping The
> Matrix wasn't a computer game all along. That's almost as bad as the
> 'it was all a dream' ending.

Snuggly, I'm confused, please enlighten me! How many new Matrix games are coming out and what ones are online and stuff, share your wisdom o cuddly one!
Mon 06/10/03 at 15:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Gatacca abd that Red Dwarf episode spring to mind. Well, sprung to mind because we had this conversation a few days ago.
Mon 06/10/03 at 13:20
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Half of me thinks it's for the Ubisoft Matrix online game that comes out after the third film. The other half is desperately hoping The Matrix wasn't a computer game all along. That's almost as bad as the 'it was all a dream' ending.
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
He'll be on the back row then...

"Fly Neo, fly!!!" (Neo is his willy's name)
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:10
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I hope it ends like one of the short films out of Animatrix. Cant remember which one though (plus dont want to spoil it for people that havent seen it).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.