GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix stuff - very, very cool and strange"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 12:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
A new website has just popped up, at http://www.metacortechs.com - you may remember this as the company Thomas Anderson works for in the original Matrix movie. Only this website is pretending the company is real. There's load of little things you can read and forage about in.

If you click on the Directory link at the bottom, it takes you to a map - click on the Redland section and you're taken to a company database screen. Enter 'AndersonThomas' and you're told that he has been 'transferred'. You can also enter other members of staff and it gives you odd binary codes, flashing images, things like that.

The site also gives you the biggest indication that the whole Matrix thing is 'just a dream', if you look in the News section. It tells of a MetaCortex Games System, which creates the most realistic virtual games system known to man. Uh-oh...

Check it out, it's wicked, kinda like the sites that were launched before AI a few years ago. There's loads of links off to other sites, all fake too. If you check out the Employee of the Month's website, you see she's interested in the paranormal and some of her recent studies suggest that what she's seeing is the Matrix unravelling, as is supposed to happen in Revolutions.

Personally, I think this is a site for the new online Matrix game that'll be released next year, as there is a place to sign-up for Beta testing and the general vibe I get from the site is more games-related than movie-related. Still, definitely worth a look, you could spend hours reading all the stuff and totally get caught up in the fact that it's not real.

More info here:
http://www.comingsoon.net/ forums/showthread.php?threadid=18805

Cool.
Sat 04/10/03 at 12:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
A new website has just popped up, at http://www.metacortechs.com - you may remember this as the company Thomas Anderson works for in the original Matrix movie. Only this website is pretending the company is real. There's load of little things you can read and forage about in.

If you click on the Directory link at the bottom, it takes you to a map - click on the Redland section and you're taken to a company database screen. Enter 'AndersonThomas' and you're told that he has been 'transferred'. You can also enter other members of staff and it gives you odd binary codes, flashing images, things like that.

The site also gives you the biggest indication that the whole Matrix thing is 'just a dream', if you look in the News section. It tells of a MetaCortex Games System, which creates the most realistic virtual games system known to man. Uh-oh...

Check it out, it's wicked, kinda like the sites that were launched before AI a few years ago. There's loads of links off to other sites, all fake too. If you check out the Employee of the Month's website, you see she's interested in the paranormal and some of her recent studies suggest that what she's seeing is the Matrix unravelling, as is supposed to happen in Revolutions.

Personally, I think this is a site for the new online Matrix game that'll be released next year, as there is a place to sign-up for Beta testing and the general vibe I get from the site is more games-related than movie-related. Still, definitely worth a look, you could spend hours reading all the stuff and totally get caught up in the fact that it's not real.

More info here:
http://www.comingsoon.net/ forums/showthread.php?threadid=18805

Cool.
Sat 04/10/03 at 12:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
And here:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/ Gumpraider/metacortex/index.htm

This is cool.
Sat 04/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Cool.
Sat 04/10/03 at 12:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Strange...very strange...
Sat 04/10/03 at 17:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive applied for the Beta test.

If i hear anything back i'll post it.
Sun 05/10/03 at 09:50
Regular
"the burning sky"
cookie monster wrote:
> Ive applied for the Beta test.
>
> If i hear anything back i'll post it.

Same Here... so is anyone buying the film when its released, i might depending on if it looks good next to my Matric Revisted box, and no doubt there will be a trilogy...
Mon 06/10/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hmmm...from nosing around that site and a couple of others, I found the following:
Metacortex is the company that Neo works for in the 1st movie, and he's a "software writer for a respectable..".
And this company "announce" a new virtual games system, with Neo/Anderson as one of the primary programme writers (going by the 1st film).

"MetaCortex Corp. announced today the development of its new MetaVR entertainment system, for use in conjunction with its MetaGamex computer gaming console.
The MetaVR entertainment system is currently the most sophisticated Virtual Reality complex developed for the home entertainment market."

So Neo/Anderson writes programmes for a company that makes virtual reality games, total immersion. A beta-tester even. Ironing out the bugs. Bugs? Like Agent Smith? Neo sent to stop Smith - programme writer trying to eradicate the bugs before gold release?
And in Matrix Revolutions trailer "The programme Smith has grown beyond your control, you cannot stop him...but I can"
The programme writer/tester sent to playtest/finalise the game. Which is why he can bend The Matrix to his will, fly, super-cool kung-fu etc.
All this talk of backdoors etc that programmers leave for themselves to alter the coding of a game. Reviewers are given infinite lives/level codes/cheats when they review so they can experience all the levels of a game without spending hours & hours.
So Neo/Anderson has access to these backdoors/cheats?
Trinity. Could be the game creator/Oracle, Neo says in Revolutions "The Oracle" "Please..." says The Architect?

I'm starting to think that The Matrix is a game.
Neo is a programmer/tester using cheats/backdoors etc to experience everything and unlocking power-ups as he goes - hence flying/super-fast kung-fu etc, he gets more and more abilities as the movies/games go on - which is why he can stop The Sentinels outside in Zion now - he's reached that level of the game and has that power now?

"The MetaVR system uses new proprietary MetaCortex software to actually anticipate the players' moves, buffering what it thinks will happen in order to avoid any kind of perceptual lag on the player's behalf. This lag has been the primary limitation on the gaming community's willingness to wholly embrace true virtual reality systems in the past, since it has a tendency to make players nauseous, which clearly is not in our best interest as a developer, stated Walsh. However, all indications are that these anomalies have been completely eliminated from the core MetaVR operating system."

Nauseous?
A bit like when Neo is first "unplugged" from The Matrix and promptly vomits everywhere, with Cypher saying "He's gonna pop"?
And the statement follows about the gaming system:

"Providing sensory input to four of the five senses, the MetaVR system will let players see in stereo 3-D vision, hear in simulated surround stereo, feel objects when they're held or impact their bodies, sense temperature changes, and even smell their simulated surroundings."

Which is what Morpheus tells Neo during his training/introduction isn't it? "So if I die in The Matrix, I die in the real world?"
And Agent Smith when he's having a go at Morpheus in the govt building in the 1st movie, "The...smell...I can't stand it"
So is that the "twist" of The Matrix? It's a computer game and Neo is a tester/programmer, Trinity/Morpheus could be games designers?

Smith is a bug, infecting other players/NPCs in the game through downloading himself into their characters? Players switching characters (as you and I do in games), which would explain Agents taking over anybody near them?

Ok, that would be a bit sucky - the whole thing is a videogame, but if explained properly it could be very cool.
A bit like eXisTenZ from David Cronenberg
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So Neo is Mario? Mamma-mai!
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Is he gonna pop on his raccoon outfit and stamp on Agent Smith's head in the next film?
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes, that's exactly what happens.

Having watched the Revolutions trailer, I do feel a little seedy though.
Why?
Club Hell - with all the S&M wearing freaky-kids. Fair enough, it just looks "cool".
Until you read that Larry Wachowski left his wife for a dominatrix...so he's put his sexual fetish into a massive, mainstream Hollywood movie?
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww...
The Gimptrix

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.