GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/09/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.apple.com/trailers/ universal/the_rundown/large.html

Stifler & The Rock.

It made me laugh in a couple of places, I'm ashamed to admit.
Stifler "You can take them, they're little people"
And fighting a baboon, upside down.
And Christopher Walken in the jungle.

A DVD rental.
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But banging on about how much I don't like things *is* Blank stuff.
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But wouldn't your life be happier, filled with sunshine and more time to do Blank stuff if you just thought "I don't like Kill Bill. I'm not going to even think about it" instead of banging on about how much you don't like it?
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
What films do I like? I don't know. I'm not a big film fan by any means. I don't really bother that much with films in general, it doesn't do that much for me. Just arguing now because I think Kill Bill looks rubbish (from the cinema trailer at least). Whether those bits I take issue with are kung fu homages or not, it makes no difference to what they actually are. Which in my view is a steaming pile.
Thu 02/10/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blank wrote:
> The bit that really annoys me though is some sort of fight in a
> kitchen, and Uma just spins round at one point for no reason. Could
> have just blocked the blow, but instead decides to spin around and
> "do it in style". Pure Hollywood.
---

It's. A. Kung-fu. Homage.

And the dialogue I like, the Tarantino stuff, can't be put into the trailer.
"She's a tall drink of ####sucker that one"
"That's the minister. I think his name was Reverand Hillhouse...that's his wife...organ player, don't know her name"
"When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to a Roaring Rampage of Revenge. I roared and I rampaged and I got bloody satisfaction"

So what films do you like Blank, you seem to spend an awful lot of time stressing the ones you don't?
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:23
Regular
Harry "Eli Roth made Cabin Fever because of me & Tarantino is my best mate although I used to hate him" Fat Geek Knowles thought there should have been real werewolves in Reloaded. Nothing more needs to be said.
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:13
Regular
I find the excitement over Tarantino to be a lot like the Emporer's New Clothes - sure, they're entertaining but not much more than gratuitous violence and non-stop swearing, yet people can't stop eulogising over him anyway.

I find his films to be ok, but nothing visionary. Have you read Harry Knowles' review at AICN? Sucking up or what...
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> he'll have to pull out something special for Kill
> Bill to be any good at all. The trailer makes it look like a pile of
> poo.

Exactly. "You know, for a minute there, I kinda did". What's that Uma? You have dialogue stupid enough to match your name?

The bit that really annoys me though is some sort of fight in a kitchen, and Uma just spins round at one point for no reason. Could have just blocked the blow, but instead decides to spin around and "do it in style". Pure Hollywood.
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:56
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm not at all hyped about Kill Bill. Jackie Brown wasn't anything special, and by the looks of it, this won't be either. I'm a big Tarantino fan, but he'll have to pull out something special for Kill Bill to be any good at all. The trailer makes it look like a pile of poo.
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Tarantino hates CGI, with a passion. In fact, he went on a potty-mouthed rant on it only the other day. I don't think you'll find much of it in Kill Bill, if that's what you meant. There is, however, lots of anime and different methods of film used ie. black and white sections etc. Sounds cool if you ask me.

I for one have complete and total faith in Tarantino to deliver - apart from maybe David Fincher, he's perhaps the only director whom with it's pretty much safe to guarantee a quality film.
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> And what's wrong with Lucy Lui?

Shouldn't that be "What's *not* wrong with Lucy Liu?"

I noticed as well that when I said that Goatboy replied with: I like Mr X, Mrs Y, Mr Z etc, and none of them were Lucy Liu.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.