GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you want children?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/04/09 at 20:42
Regular
If yes,
Why?
How many?
Names?

If no,
Why not?
Do you not want to get married either?
What do you want for your future?

Just thought it would be interesting =]
Thu 23/04/09 at 20:21
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:

> Your other kids are younger and had slightly different
> upbringings, due to grandparents etc.

They have all pretty much had the same upbringing.
Thu 23/04/09 at 19:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Vee wrote:
> I have a very foul mouthed 5 year old. He is an over confident
> smart ass. Total know it all and knows a majority of the time he
> is always right. Where did he get that from... ?
> Not me at all, he is slowly getting rid of the foul mouth that i
> once got him out of. However its back with a vengeance. usually
> when he gets himself so worked up. He hears this language every
> where.

I didn't say he got it from you, I said ultimately you're responsible for who he turns into, despite other influences. You've just said yourself that you're sorting that problem out, which proves my point.

> Now my other kids obviously live with me and they are nothing
> like him. So whats that say? Surely if it was down to parents
> they would all follow suit!

Your other kids are younger and had slightly different upbringings, due to grandparents etc.
Thu 23/04/09 at 10:04
Regular
pb wrote:
> I think a lot of people (not everyone) don't like the idea of
> marriage because it involves work and compromise to keep it
> going and some people would rather not be 'tied down' (as they
> see it).
>
> I'm sure a lot fo divorces are due to the romantic notion of
> marriage and good intentions, then when the years pass you
> realise that your partner's faults are never going to change and
> that it doesn't just rely on a notion of love but on work to be a
> partnership.
>
> The family unit side of things works because you have 2 people
> to look after the children and support each other (marriage or
> not). But if that support goes and one parent is doing all the
> work there can be problems.
>
> I personally see marriage as a promise to look after each other,
> work hard at bringing up a family and make a commitment to God,
> but then that's my religion coming in to play and I fully
> understand that others just don't have that background so
> marriage is often meaningless to them.

I completely agree. I'm a rather moral person too - I married at 18, last year ^_^
Thu 23/04/09 at 09:26
"possibly impossible"
I think a lot of people (not everyone) don't like the idea of marriage because it involves work and compromise to keep it going and some people would rather not be 'tied down' (as they see it).

I'm sure a lot fo divorces are due to the romantic notion of marriage and good intentions, then when the years pass you realise that your partner's faults are never going to change and that it doesn't just rely on a notion of love but on work to be a partnership.

The family unit side of things works because you have 2 people to look after the children and support each other (marriage or not). But if that support goes and one parent is doing all the work there can be problems.

I personally see marriage as a promise to look after each other, work hard at bringing up a family and make a commitment to God, but then that's my religion coming in to play and I fully understand that others just don't have that background so marriage is often meaningless to them.
Thu 23/04/09 at 07:21
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
SickOfBeingAlfonse wrote:
> If yes,
> Why? I wanted my own family probably because i hate to see families break up. i wanted my on little family. Something to care for and be mine. Always loved kids. However i failed on the near perfect family life. i have my kids that are happy and looked after and they are mine! Ok in my eyes its perfect, in other peoples eyes its not good. However do i care what others think anymore... NO!

> How many? I have 4 kids, 3 boy's and a girl. No i wont be having anymore, and soon wont be able to have anymore.

> Names? My Kids Names. Tommy, Tyler, Kayden. Elysha

As for getting married. I wouldn't do it at all! Personally i think its a waste of time and money and really not needed!
Thu 23/04/09 at 07:14
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:

> Is that not down to the parents?

Not always No!

I have a very foul mouthed 5 year old. He is an over confident smart ass. Total know it all and knows a majority of the time he is always right. Where did he get that from... ?

Not me at all, he is slowly getting rid of the foul mouth that i once got him out of. However its back with a vengeance. usually when he gets himself so worked up. He hears this language every where.

Now my other kids obviously live with me and they are nothing like him. So whats that say? Surely if it was down to parents they would all follow suit!
Thu 23/04/09 at 07:09
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:

> Confidence, I question my own ability. Also I think once you've
> got them your life is over in a sense

Really? My life isn't over in any sence. I probably do more then i ever did. I still come and go as i please. The only thing thats changed is i have to plan ahead a majority of the time if i want to do anything. For me now im just looking for something else in my life, ive got my kids and now im looking in to what next... Lifes good, life goes on...

My life's just beginning :-)
Thu 23/04/09 at 07:03
Regular
I think a lot of it depends on the parents. Whilst I agree, [I[some[/I] character traits can't be helped, with the right parenting children don't necessarily have to end up on incapacity benefit living on a diet of fags and lager (and probably other substances) until they die only for their children to follow in their footsteps.

Not a lifestyle I wish upon anyone but see a lot of in Cardiff and the surrounding areas. (probably the same near any city mind...)
Wed 22/04/09 at 23:47
Regular
Nin wrote:
> SickOfBeingAlfonse wrote:
> Honestly, no. Children are often foul mouthed whingy and
> annoying.
> They cry, guzzle money and at the end of the day only
> the minority appreciate anything you do for them.
>
> Is that not down to the parents?

You would think so wouldn't you?
I kinow how important parental influence is but I honestly believe that some things are beyond their control.
Wed 22/04/09 at 23:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
SickOfBeingAlfonse wrote:
> Honestly, no. Children are often foul mouthed whingy and
> annoying.
> They cry, guzzle money and at the end of the day only
> the minority appreciate anything you do for them.

Is that not down to the parents?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.