GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jade Goodey"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/04/09 at 13:17
Regular
Couldn't see another thread on here about her.

I have to say that cancer is a horrible disease, and it is sad that someone so young has died, leaving two young children behind who will never have a mother.

It's always sad when someone dies leaving behind friends and family. The whole thing has raised awareness of smear tests in young women - and more are now being tested apparently, which is a good thing.

Having said that, I really don't get all the media coverage. Ok and Heat magazines running headlines like "Goodbye to Brtains brightest star..", "Thanks for all you've done." Sky News covering the funeral live. What is that all about?!

What did she actually do except be monumentally stupid on a reality TV show?

Parkinson has come out and said that this whole thing highlights what is wrong with Britain today - about our facination with celebrities, regardless of what they have done to acheive this fame that they have.

The way the media plays it's part is shocking as well. Headlines called her a bigot etc when all this race stuff was on, and then being her best mate when she got cancer? Please....

All in all, I just don't get it.
Wed 08/04/09 at 13:17
Regular
Couldn't see another thread on here about her.

I have to say that cancer is a horrible disease, and it is sad that someone so young has died, leaving two young children behind who will never have a mother.

It's always sad when someone dies leaving behind friends and family. The whole thing has raised awareness of smear tests in young women - and more are now being tested apparently, which is a good thing.

Having said that, I really don't get all the media coverage. Ok and Heat magazines running headlines like "Goodbye to Brtains brightest star..", "Thanks for all you've done." Sky News covering the funeral live. What is that all about?!

What did she actually do except be monumentally stupid on a reality TV show?

Parkinson has come out and said that this whole thing highlights what is wrong with Britain today - about our facination with celebrities, regardless of what they have done to acheive this fame that they have.

The way the media plays it's part is shocking as well. Headlines called her a bigot etc when all this race stuff was on, and then being her best mate when she got cancer? Please....

All in all, I just don't get it.
Wed 08/04/09 at 14:36
"possibly impossible"
It probably says less about the woman and more about the press's need to have a story.

The press are fickle, we all know that. Anything that might sell newspapers is good and nothing sells like a 'celebrity' which they can fault or praise, no matter what the deed or the truth appears to be.

Why do they keep doing it? Simple. People keep buying newspapers. Our only hope as more people go online is that everyone will finally see the newspapers for the waste of paper that they are and just not buy them any more (or the daily mail will need to start giving away more recent DVD titles at any rate!).

As for Jade Goody, she played the system. Though you could point out her faults pretty easily, she had enough intelligence to play the game and get the money and at least she did give something back.
Wed 08/04/09 at 16:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I don't have much to add. It just goes to show the hypocrisy of the redtops. They'd cheer Hitler if it made them more money. Unfortunately the people who read these papers have the memory of a particularly stupid goldfish who just got a blow to the head and is suffering from amnesia.

Oh and as for Parkinson, while he is undoubtedly right about the papers, you don't talk ill of the dead like that. It shows a massive ego and a complete lack of class on his part.
Thu 09/04/09 at 11:15
Regular
What's Jade Goody doing next christmas?
Babysitting David Cameron's son.
Sigh.

But anyway, I would much prefer celebrities who are just ordinary interesting or incredibly stupid people. I pick these type of people over all the Adam Sandlers and Flo-ridas in the world.
Sat 11/04/09 at 15:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
So glad somebody else picked up this topic. I just got annoyed at everyone saying how good she was and how she will be sorely missed etc.

I didn't like her when she was alive, so why should I like her more that she was dying/dead? I wouldn't have wished her fate on her or anyone for that matter, but the way the vast majority of the population was fixated on her progress and what she was doing just annoyed me.

My uncle died horribly of cancer, he was a good bloke, he did everything for everybody (true, at his cremation it was standing room only) but did he earn an expensive item from Harrods, a free service, the respect of the entire nation? No, it was close friends and relatives that made the effort to help pay for the funeral, attend it and support the family. All jade did was go out, be a complete lout and offend people, and they treat her like a saint? I find that in itself an example that people have lost all credibilty and sense.

As I said, I don't wish anyone dead, but there was that slight cheer that I knew it would be about a week until the papers returned to REAL news stories, when she died.
Sat 11/04/09 at 17:44
Regular
I think we all feel the same way about this.

We're sorry that she died, we didn't like her before but it's good that she was able to remind everyone even those of us in our 20ies, that you need to take care of your body and check yourself regularly.

The thing that annoyed us most was the daily coverage of it all, even after she's gone. Like today (or yesterday) it was the guy putting an easter egg by her grave. I just think it goes too far but I understand that the media will cover it because they know it'll bring in readers, which is what they want during the recession.

I dunno, its just all very sad.
Sun 12/04/09 at 03:05
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nin wrote:
> Oh and as for Parkinson, while he is undoubtedly right about the
> papers, you don't talk ill of the dead like that. It shows a
> massive ego and a complete lack of class on his part.

I might be missing the quote here, but it seems to me he is only speaking ill of the papers.
Thu 16/04/09 at 08:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> The thing that annoyed us most was the daily coverage of it all,
> even after she's gone. Like today (or yesterday) it was the guy
> putting an easter egg by her grave.

That's annoyed me further. I didn't even get an Easter Egg this year!
Tue 21/04/09 at 14:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
(bizarre...posted in the games forums and it came up here...weird...)
Thu 23/04/09 at 12:03
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.