GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wimbledon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/06/03 at 01:18
Regular
The greatest tennis tournament of the sporting year. The pure adrenaline high on match point and of course the strawberries and cream. Why it's so popular, even macdonalds have a 'strawberries and dream mcflurry'.

That's all very well but who will win it this year?

LAst year outsider Goran Ivanesivic won the mens tournament.

The ladies was oviously Venus Williams and no-one is going to take Wimbledon away from the sisters this year. Or will they?

So what do you think? Who will win both the mens and womens tournaments this year?

Im going to go with Roddick and S Williams.
Thu 03/07/03 at 16:37
YES! HE'S OUT!
Tue 01/07/03 at 18:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Henman is a very useful player on the grass no doubt, but I don't think he can match up to Roddick or Phillipoussis this year.

GO ON MARK!
Tue 01/07/03 at 18:28
Regular
Did I say Ferrara would win.

Sorry, I mean't Federa. :D
Tue 01/07/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Tim is a very good grass caught player, when he plays to his strengths.

The first set against Nalbandian he was all over him, no unforced errors, he was serve volleying and was bossing the match. The problem is, I think, that he then decides to try to mix up the way he plays. His serve is not that quick, his forehand and backhand are not very powerful. What he does do well is float a spiny return and charge to the net. So, why doesn’t he do this more often? God only knows.
Tue 01/07/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I agree. I'm amazed that Henman makes the semi-finals most years. :)

Henman is going to get a tough opponent next match. It's either Juan Carlos Ferraro or Grosjean. Ferrero beat him in the French Open and won the title and Grosjean beat Henman at Queens.

I reckon Philippousis or Roddick will win.
Tue 01/07/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I had never really sat-down and properly watched a Tennis match before, until last night, when I caught the last few sets of Tim Henman's game...

And I have to say, I cannot believe how over-rated he is, after all the hype and talk I've seen about him over the last few years!

He's rubbish!! :P
Yet, he is supposed to be the best male Tennis-player our country has...

Well, we must have some serious tennis-playing issues, then!

From what I saw, I cannot honestly see how Henman has managed to win ANY of his games by means other than pure 'luck', and the crowd of sad, middle-aged women shouting "Come on, Tim!!" every-5-seconds!
The majority of his shots - aside from his serves, which, I must say, were rather good - were lucky to scrape over the net, and, on many occasions, to remain inside the white-lines.

Sure, I'll admit he made one brilliant return-hit-thingy which got him one-step closer to winning the game, but aside from that, I believe it was all down to the intense fan-pressure on his opponent, forcing him into making mistakes - meaning it WASN'T down to Henman's "good play", which my Tennis-headed mother seems to think!

I always thought David Beckham was a serious problem, along with Wayne Rooney; but now, I see this problem of ludicrously over-hyping a proffesional sportsman is spreading into other areas of Sport, also.

"Henman's Hill"... - This is getting serious! :S

Henman does have his moments. But if you stop screaming about him, you'll realise that it's easy to see why he hasn't really won anything "special", after all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him actually WIN Wimbledon, because of the home crowd-alone!!
Why this hasn't happened before is beyond-me, though...!
Tue 01/07/03 at 00:30
Regular
Nalbadian is good but nothing like Roddick plus Henman has played 3 others qualifiers before so how can people say he's great until he's played the best..i would like to see Roddick show him how to play.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I would have roddick as my pick to win Wimbledon but I hope Tim Henman does. It would be unlikely but he is playing better tennis this year.
Mon 30/06/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
All my predictions are still there, it's weird, I said I had a psychic buttock...and now it's proving to be so, very strange.
Mon 30/06/03 at 19:11
Regular
I personally think an outsider may win it again this year. Not just saying that because Hewitt and Agassi are out.

like Ferrara.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.