GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR Championships: Weakest Link Version"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 12:33
Regular
SPECIAL RESERVE CONSOLE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2: THE WEAKEST LINK
Rules
1. All results must be posted by me, mouldy cheese.
2. There are 32 contestants to begin with.
3. The game of choice is the sequal to Goldenye, Perfect Dark. A super-powerful special edition N64 will be used, as to allow all 32 players at once.
4. The 32 players will be split into 4 teams of 8.
5. The teams will face off in 8 VS 8 matches, sometimes human VS human, sometimes human VS bot. At the end of each match, every member of every team votes for the member of thier own team that they feel is useless, and the weakest link.
6. Once the teams are whittled down to 4 each, stage 2 will start.
7. If you have any queries, post them and I shall answer.
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:37
Regular
"I like cheese"
vai wrote:
> Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Dan uk is now number 10, and dan 2k1 is
> number 31. The draw for
> teams will be done shortly.

SO how
> much money will it take to be out on a 'good' team, no offence Ant
> but.... :p

??????
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:10
Regular
Pudding=missed point, yup.
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:09
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
This just in from SR central.
Team 3
19. Grix Thraves
14. Genie
21. Rippin Time
29. Shaneo
22. Sonic Rav
25. Sheepy
31. Dan 2K1
32. The mystery man

Team 4.
1. Snakey
4. Tony
8. Armitage Shanks
9. Fantsy Meister (has the disadvantage of being Mr. Blonde).
10. Dan uk
13. Alex Kidd
17. Oops, hang on there both a snakey and a snake? This is another mystery person.
28. Mouldy Cheese
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:09
Is any Perfect Dark going to be played in these Championships, I personally don't think so!!
Or have I missed the point!!
Sat 10/02/01 at 21:04
Regular
I just looked at the list for this, and why am I on it?
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Transmission has returned, and the whole stage is a mess. Mario is sitting with his back to us in a big swivelly chair, having one of the nurses from Pokemon tend to his wounds. The audiance has fled for thier lives. Mario turns to the camera. In his arm is a Pikachu, which stares evily at the camera.

"People of the world, today you have seen a heinous evil. With the whole of Sega aginst just me, I had a very small chance of victory." Mario strokes his Pikachu menacingly. "Just you wait Sega. Soon I shall have all of my freinds, my fighting buddies from Smash Brothers, and 251 pokemon to defeat you with. Oh yes, and Sonic. Your mother told me to remind you to watch out for those SPIKES! Mwuh hahahahahahhaha. Mwuh haha haahhahahahha.
END OF TRANSMISSION.

I have just been informed by SR that the rest of the draw will take place very soon, and both Sonic and Mario have been reprimanded by thier owners.
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:53
Regular
a=b
a^2=a*b...........(Multiply by a)
a^2 - b^2 = a*b - b^2............(Take away b^2)
(a+b)(a-b) = b*(a-b).............(factorise)
a+b = b................(divide (a-b)
2*b = b............(as a = b)
2 = 1

As a result, 4=2, so what`s the problem?
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:49
What on earth is going on, I am now very confused.
And I thought there were 4 teams?
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:47
Regular
meka_dragon and Wookiee Monster on the same team! Is there any point in the other team trying? :-)
Sat 10/02/01 at 20:45
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The final contestant will go into this final round un-named. So here is the draw, via live feed from Canada.
Carrington (to all you non-PD players, he is a good guy with a fake scottish accent): Ladies and gentlement, maian and skedar, no children under 18, Rareware and Cheesey industries proudly present the draw for the 1st round of the second SR Championship (frenzied applause)!
Without futher ado, I introduce 2 gaming icons to make the draw. Ladies and gentlemen, Sonic the hedgehog and Mr. Mario! (mario and sonic walk out, both wearing their trademark attire).
Mario: Its a-me Mario! I am proud and honoured to be making this draw. This is an event that holds unlimeted prestige for the winner, and a good run in this championship means good things for...
Sonic: (taps his foot and looks at audiance) I'm waiting! Hurry up with the draw!
Mario:(mutters under breath) I'll get you Sonic, one day...
Sonic: I shall take the first pick from the hat, then my and my old mate Mario will take turns to randomly pick contestants from the hat.
Mario: Ok. Mr. Blue hedgehog sir, take the first pick.

And so it began.
Sonic and Mario took turns in picking from the hat. When Mario takes a bit too long picking from the hat, Sonic looks at the crowd and taps his foot. He also lies down a few times. Mario is curtious as ever.

Team 1
12. Ant
3. Edgy
2. Savett1668
16. Azzido
26. SSX pro
23. er-no
7. vai
27. pb

Mario: A experianced team! Ant, edgy, er-no, and vai, all very good players. The rest of the team is stong as well!
Sonic: Yeah, whatever...
Mario: What was that, my prickely chum?
Sonic: oh, nothing *cough* pooface *cough*
Mario: I'll pretend I didn't hear that. On with the draw.

Team 2
20. Wookie Monster
30. Rastabilly
15. Goldan Rhino
5. Venom byte
11. Meka Dragon
18. The Game
24. Sniper
25. SHEEPY

Mario: Oh, look at-a-that! Another strong looking team, with 2 of the top posters ever on its books! Rastabilly has yet to prove himself.
Sonic: Like you, Mario.
Mario: What, sonic?
Sonic: Well, you never have really beatan me, have you? My megadrive was much better than your SNES.
Mario: I thought all that was behind us.
Sonic: Yeah right! Get him boys!

Suddenly the whole Sega cast jumped out of the stands. There was a mass-beating of Mario, and as security guards tried to help, tails flew into our camera and we lost transmission. I hope Mario is OK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.