GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goatboy, i got my drums"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/06/03 at 22:08
Regular
I went looking around the whole of Bristol and there were only 5 music stores. Anyway, in each one, all they would do was deals with drums and no cymbals. And the prices were like £450. I seen the Pearl Export you recommended and this was £600. I was about to leave the final store, Sound Control (GREAT STORE) when out of the corner of my eye, i spotted a starter kit for £249, £100 under budget. It came with cymbals as well which was cool, a nice kit, mirror chrome colour. It took 5 hours to assemble, with swear words thrown between me and my mother. But finally, it is assembled, it is a session Pro kit incase you know about it.
Thanks for the advice, i'm off for another play :)
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:31
Regular
"\\"
Staggs are incredibly good. I have no dents in them at all, but my freinds drum kit (where we practice for our band) the cymbals (not stagg) are ruined.
Tue 17/06/03 at 16:28
Regular
"\\"
Hmm.

I found the pearl export drum kit form only £579 here. http://www.4-drums.co.uk/pearl_export.htm

I got my drum kit from here but they don't appear to have it on anymore.
Mon 16/06/03 at 23:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No, I was recommending Stagg because, for the price, they're damn good cymbals. I was sceptical when the guy was trying to sell me them, I mean £40-£50 for a crash cymbal? Yeah right.
But I played in the shop for a bit and they sound really, really good.
Apparently they're cheap because they want to make a name for themselves, and this is the best way to do it.
And the rate I go through cymbals (I hit them hard), I can't afford £200+ per go with cymbals that often.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with Staggs, and for that price you'd be mental to pass them up.
Try going for 18", a good warm sound for a reasonably big cymbal.
Mon 16/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
"\\"
Just cos goatbaoy is PROBABLY better than me doesn't mean i'm totally useless.
Mon 16/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Silly me.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:52
Regular
"\\"
OK thanks. He was only recomending them because they're cheap...

I'm the one recomending them because they're cheap AND good.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:01
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Mandatare - 2 hours! I had to wait 2 YEARS before being allowed a kit, which I got about a year ago. I got a CB Drums starter kit with 3 toms, and I've upgraded all the drum heads (except for the bass, for some lame reason) to Remo. I've also got a Sabian splash and ride. I've only got one crash (by CB), and considering its got dents in it, I might get a Stagg cymbal under Goaty's recommendation earlier in this thread. Maybe two...

You can get relatively good double-bass pedals for about £80.
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:22
Regular
"\\"
I'll probably get more staggs by the way.
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:21
Regular
"\\"
My hi-hat and crash cymbal are staggs... They're pretty good actually.

So you have no idea how much they cost?
Mon 16/06/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> How much do cymbals (with stands) cost.

--

It all depends on what you want and how much you have.
You can get Stagg cymbals, 18" crash'll set you back about £50. They're a brand that are trying to get into the market hence the cheap price. The sound is pretty good considering the price.
But you can go up to however much your bank will allow.

I've got:
14" Paiste Nickel-Plated Hi-Hats
12" Zildjian A Custom Dark Splash
16" Sabian AAX Studio Crash
18" Zildjian A Heavy Crash
18" Stagg Hand-beaten Dark Crash
20" Zildjian Z Custom Medium Crash
22" Zildjian Custom Ride

All are on standard boom-stands, except for the hi-hat which are on a Paiste hi-hat stand (duh).
I dont like to think how much that's set me back, but they've been bought in different times over the past 5-6 years or so, although I have recently got a couple of Staggs just because they were too cheap to pass up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.