GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix Revolutions Theories"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
Anyway, on with the Revolutions theoriers. Here's a few that've been floating around the net. Surely most of them are complete tosh, but make for interesting reading really.

- Neo is Smith's son.

- There is a Matrix within a Matrix within a Matrix and so on at every time a new Matrix is made (which is really deppreciated when you remember that the Architect said the Matrix was beginning its 7th cycle).

- The screens in the Architect's room all lead to one of Neo's different paths he could take, meaning that there are thousands of Neo's, thousands of Architects and therefore, in theory, thousands of Matrix's, all a different choice of Neo.

- Smith has evolved and now has more powers, such as flight and can match Neo (from the trailer).

- Apparently a main character will be killed. I just hope Morpheus doesn't die so Neo and Trinity can be together. It'd be better if one of the two love-birds died. Like they say, you can't cheat death twice, and that applies to both of them :D

- One of the more interesting theories is that Smith hates the Matrix and actually begins rebelling, whilst Neo begins fighting for the machines (that's the stupid part). This was sparked when many people thought Morpheus seemed surprised when he says "he fights for us", as if he was referring to Smith.

- The kid who pestered Neo is the 7th One.

Discuss.
Sun 22/06/03 at 15:08
Regular
Everyone dies. Including Neo, only Smith survives and breeds a race of super-things.

Best. Ending. Ever.
Sun 22/06/03 at 09:39
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I've been pondering on this for ages and to be honest I have no idea how the Wachowksis are going to wrap up the Matrix trilogy.

It seems unlikely that there's going to be a happy ending because the situation humans are in means that we're screwed whatever we do. If everyone is unplugged then they've got the machines to contend with, and then after that the whole population is left in the wasteland that is Earth. Undoubtedly like Cypher, alot of people will prefer the Matrix to the real world.

A possible theory could be that Neo changes the Matrix so that it is completely inescapable (he would have to solve the problem of everyone needing a choice, else the current Matrix fails) and start it again, so everyone forgets everything and the whole population live exactly as if this was the real world.

Both interesting theories but I doubt either of them are the right ones.
Thu 19/06/03 at 18:55
Regular
Kiriyama wrote:
> Yes. Perhaps in the future, we will still write it as '99, be it 2199
> or 9999...

I don't understand.

He says 1999, not '99, and the phone log shows the full date. Plus, he'd be dead thatfar away, in the Matrix he may be invincible, but in the real world, he'll die of old age. OLD AGE I TELLS YA!!!

*Cackles insanely*
Thu 19/06/03 at 07:53
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
maddmun wrote:
> El Blokey wrote:
> The original Matrix starts with Trinity and Cypher talking, the
> screen
> shows "Trace Program" and the date "2-18-98".
>
> The movie ends with Neo making a phone call, the trace program is
> initiated and the date reads "9-18-99"... 19 months have
> passed!
>
> One thing though, when Morpheus tells Neo about the Matrix, one line
> is:
>
> "You believe that it is the year 1999, when in fact, it's closer
> to 2199"
>
Yes. Perhaps in the future, we will still write it as '99, be it 2199 or 9999...
Thu 19/06/03 at 07:52
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Mess wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Or just destroy zion and all of the main characters.
>
> Then the matrix will end completely anyway.
>
> Zion has already been completely destroyed. At the end of Reloaded
> when Neo, Trinity and Morpheus got back from the Architect the
> machines had reached Zion and everybody was killed, except the people
> now left on that ship.

Ah, but Zion itself is not destroyed, just the people in it :D
>
> I'm going with the Matrix within a Matrix idea. That seems to be the
> only one that supports the fact Neo could control the Sentinels at the
> end...or it was an EMP sent out by the ship behind them.

Yeah, especially when you remember that in the original, when Neo is captured by the agents, we see the same TVs that were in the Architect's room, and these TVs all lead to a different Matrix.
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:54
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> The original Matrix starts with Trinity and Cypher talking, the screen
> shows "Trace Program" and the date "2-18-98".
>
> The movie ends with Neo making a phone call, the trace program is
> initiated and the date reads "9-18-99"... 19 months have
> passed!

One thing though, when Morpheus tells Neo about the Matrix, one line is:

"You believe that it is the year 1999, when in fact, it's closer to 2199"

Therefore, either it took at least 10 months for them to get to filming that part, and the Wachowski brothers are idiots who haven't realised that they've used the actual date they filmed it on, or Morpheus doesn't know his dates.

Also, Reloaded is set at least 6 months after the original, as they say they've unplugged more people in the last 6 months than in the last 6 years (Because of Neo making it easier etc).

But, of course, I may be wrong.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:27
Regular
"\\"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> My theory is that the 'real' world is inside the matrix and that the
> real world is basically how it is today and the matrix was created
> by
> Scott Evil and his evil labs and that Matrix 4 will be Austin Powers
> 4.
>
> hang your head in shame and stand over there ....
>
>
>
>
> over THERE .....
>
> :D

But it's a good theory...
Sun 15/06/03 at 19:02
Regular
Saying that El Blokey, the bit where Neo says in the phone conversation 'I can feel you now' could just mean he can feel where they are in the Matrix, as exemplified by his actions at the beginning of Reloaded.

Ha! A flaw. I think the speculating is fun, but where just going to have to wait till November to see the real outcome...
Sun 15/06/03 at 17:22
Regular
the_aoe_slaught wrote:
> My theory is that the 'real' world is inside the matrix and that the
> real world is basically how it is today and the matrix was created by
> Scott Evil and his evil labs and that Matrix 4 will be Austin Powers
> 4.

hang your head in shame and stand over there ....

over THERE .....

:D
Sun 15/06/03 at 16:07
Regular
"\\"
My theory is that the 'real' world is inside the matrix and that the real world is basically how it is today and the matrix was created by Scott Evil and his evil labs and that Matrix 4 will be Austin Powers 4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.