GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Pre-order"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/06/06 at 18:10
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Play are now taking pre-orders for the PS3. £549.99 with 3 games. Not pre-ordering myself as I think it will be a pile of balls but thought some of you would like to know.
Wed 05/07/06 at 18:08
Regular
"nooblet"
Too expensive for my taste.
I will wait untill its dropped a good £100, and when there are some games in the pre-owned section :P
not going to rush out and spend that much money on a console yet..
Wed 05/07/06 at 16:08
Regular
There was a lot of hype about the PS3 but I don't think it will live upto the expectations, not from the new games which are going to be released soon anyways. For example Need For Speed: Carbon, has exactly the same graphics as Most Wanted has now, thats not an improvement especially not for all that new shiny stuff isnide lol. Even the game developers say it'll take a while before they start to use the PS3, and some say there only pushing the PS2 now :s So I think I will be waiting until most people have them, hopefully I will also avoid all the niggles which come with brand new consoles e.g. Xbox360's blowing up :s
Wed 05/07/06 at 12:46
Regular
"Mooching around"
He's right y'know, 360 games were around the £45 mark, so assuming Sony continues in its money grabbing spree I'd guess around £50 too.
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:13
Regular
the games are not 40 pound they are like 50 but it will be worth it
Wed 21/06/06 at 22:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Thatguywhodidntdoit wrote:
> all companies so far doing pre-orders on the PS3 in the UK are
> going to get into trouble with Sony, because as far as I know
> Sony have not said ANYTHING about how many are comming to the UK
> on release and so the companies endanger upsetting customers
> etc.
>
> (only read original post)

True, but I think the few companies that have already started taking pre-orders have now stopped due to that point (with the exception of I think Play?).

Anyway, since it is only the larger more well known companies that people will probably be pre-ordering from, I doubt they will be silly enough to take something over 100,000-150,000 pre-orders...

Only time will tell :D
Tue 20/06/06 at 18:53
Regular
"sh"
all companies so far doing pre-orders on the PS3 in the UK are going to get into trouble with Sony, because as far as I know Sony have not said ANYTHING about how many are comming to the UK on release and so the companies endanger upsetting customers etc.

(only read original post)
Wed 14/06/06 at 20:06
Regular
"Mooching around"
Hmm... sounds interesting, but just a tad too much effort... plus, I'm racking up some gd numbers on this account :P

EDIT: Maybe, I'll give it a go though... just to see.
Wed 14/06/06 at 14:21
Regular
"Phew!"
Cruciatum (Fixative) wrote:
> I was just Cruciatum...

If you need your old account back try the following:

Log in to your new account at MyFreeola and change the login email address in the contacts section.

Log out and then go to MyFreeola. Log back into your old account and change the login email address to your correct email address. The system will take you through the verification process when you try to post on the forums.

It's not a good idea to change accounts like this if you are potentially in line for a Gameaday prize, as all the details in MyFreeola have to be correct to validate the win.

I can't guarantee that the above procedure will work, but I think it should.
Tue 13/06/06 at 18:27
Regular
"Mooching around"
I was just Cruciatum from the email [email protected]... i thought this place had been shut down, so I didnt come back for a while... just popped by again, and it looks like your up and running again :D

Anyway, when i came back, i was already logged on, but when i tried to post a new message it told me i had to verify my email.. which was annoying but fair enough... however, the company wanadoo (previously freeserve) seems to have been taken over by orange, and my e-mail account with them doesnt appear to exist anymore... so i was forced to sign up with a new account... but my old name has obviously been taken... i even tried changing it to "ByeByeBye" to try and open it back up, but no luck.. :'(
Tue 13/06/06 at 16:03
Regular
"Phew!"
Which regular were you then Crucifix?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.