GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Increasing traffic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/02/09 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
Back when the forbearer of this site sold games (as SR) there were lots of nice news articles about gaming.

Even though it's now we're a big part of the happy freeola family, I still think there could be a place for gaming news. It would be an ideal companion to the cheats section and encourage more traffic on this site (plus for the company, naturally).

You could even get us to contribute, I wouldn't mind writing articles for an official looking news page.
Mon 23/02/09 at 16:45
"Are you sure?"
Grandprix wrote:
> I'd love to write a regular article or something like that.

Nothing to stop people starting either an on-going "Games News" thread or separate threads in the Game Chat forum! ;¬)

If the 'games people' start to generate enough decent 'news' content then perhaps it will develop...

Search Freeola Chat
Mon 23/02/09 at 16:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'd love to write a regular article or something like that.
Mon 23/02/09 at 15:47
Regular
Shame really as this really took off for a bloke on here who set up Xboxrules.com for the original xbox. Me & a few others posted news on there, and reviews of our own games. It didn't take long for us to get review copies of games from places. Plus I think we were the third result from Google when typing in "Xbox news" as well, behind IGN & Gamespot.
Mon 23/02/09 at 11:49
"possibly impossible"
That's ok, thanks for bringing it up with the other guys anyway.

I'll wait until the time is right then!
Mon 23/02/09 at 10:33
Regular
Show Spoiler
Thu 19/02/09 at 13:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
McLong wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> User generated content is the road to the promised land, the
> rest of the internet realised this 5 years ago. I suspect it
> might take Freeola another 5. :P
>
> ...Fairly sure Chat, Cheats & Walkthroughs are all
> user-generated?

Astute observation. ;)

Let me put it like this then. Many of your rivals have moved past the simple model of submit a cheat/walkthrough or post on a chat forum. They've found many more ways to utilise user content and to get them to post more of it.
Thu 19/02/09 at 12:35
Regular
Oh the irony! :)

This will all need a lot of input from the moderators and the public in general for this to work, and if it doesn't, then it's a lot of time and money wasted. But yeah, thanks for this suggestion anyway pb.

I'll be 'tallying-up' the pros and cons and how this could work and get the thoughts from other staff that would be involved and I will let you know what happens. I'm not promising anything though, so don't get too excited :P
Thu 19/02/09 at 12:08
"possibly impossible"
heheh. Cheeky.
Thu 19/02/09 at 12:06
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
> ...and spellchecking our own work...

'spell checking'

*Sorry* :¬P

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 19/02/09 at 11:50
"possibly impossible"
My vision is really for the mods or hand picked forum contributors to write news and reviews, probably with some editing rights to the layout of the page if necessary.

It would be a group of us who you'd be able to trust with content and spellchecking our own work, rather than open to all the public. The idea being to attract people to the stories, then provide their own content on the forums linked to said story.

As for GAD, I didn't really think that GAD would count for this content, only for the forums. The only perks anyone chosen for this would likely get is if review copies of games became available and were handed out as they came in (no choice of title, just whoever has the relevant platform or skill set, FM for RPGs, Emmie for FPS online games etc).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.