GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Increasing traffic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/02/09 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
Back when the forbearer of this site sold games (as SR) there were lots of nice news articles about gaming.

Even though it's now we're a big part of the happy freeola family, I still think there could be a place for gaming news. It would be an ideal companion to the cheats section and encourage more traffic on this site (plus for the company, naturally).

You could even get us to contribute, I wouldn't mind writing articles for an official looking news page.
Wed 18/02/09 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
Back when the forbearer of this site sold games (as SR) there were lots of nice news articles about gaming.

Even though it's now we're a big part of the happy freeola family, I still think there could be a place for gaming news. It would be an ideal companion to the cheats section and encourage more traffic on this site (plus for the company, naturally).

You could even get us to contribute, I wouldn't mind writing articles for an official looking news page.
Wed 18/02/09 at 15:54
Regular
Sounds like a good idea and I'll do the Freeola gaming webcomic. I was meant to do one 5 years ago to win a GAD but I kept putting it off.
Wed 18/02/09 at 16:59
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> You could even get us to contribute, I wouldn't mind writing
> articles for an official looking news page.

User generated content is the road to the promised land, the rest of the internet realised this 5 years ago. I suspect it might take Freeola another 5. :P
Wed 18/02/09 at 16:59
Regular
It's a good idea and it would certainly be very helpful if members were to add content, too.

Obviously there are various factors to consider but it looks promising. I or someone else will get back to ya'll on this soon :)
Wed 18/02/09 at 20:29
"possibly impossible"
Cool. I was expecting everyone to shoot down my idea.

I should have more faith! :)
Wed 18/02/09 at 20:37
Regular
I'd gladly help - so long as there's not an expectation for a minimum number of contributions, etc as personal circumstances sometimes prevent me going online for periods of time.

Having a games news section would hopefully give people more to chat about on the forums (especially if linked to them in some way) and may increase regular visitors :)
Wed 18/02/09 at 21:41
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:

I wouldn't mind helping out as well. If you are worried about the content, maybe have it checked by a staffie before it gets published. Not wanting to put too much extra work onto your busy workload mind.
Wed 18/02/09 at 22:50
Regular
The thing is, pb - without sounding too cynical here (I hope) - there won't be the same desire to draw people in that special reserve used to have, as they don't sell games anymore.

Like you say though, if the forum members themselves were to post the news, it could work - but then I think it's doubtful we'd be able to post anything unique that couldn't be found elsewhere.

There's nothing I can think of to contribute, so really I should just shut up ... :)
Thu 19/02/09 at 08:39
Regular
Erowid wrote:
> but then I think it's doubtful
> we'd be able to post anything unique that couldn't be found
> elsewhere.

90% of the time that's probably very true for every gaming site on the net, unless you're someone like IGN perhaps... or have a cool uncle that works for a game developer.

But it's what this site is missing anyway - an online blog/news area specifically aimed at the gamers' scene :)
Thu 19/02/09 at 09:23
Regular
Garin wrote:
> pb wrote:
>
> User generated content is the road to the promised land, the
> rest of the internet realised this 5 years ago. I suspect it
> might take Freeola another 5. :P

...Fairly sure Chat, Cheats & Walkthroughs are all user-generated?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.