GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"100 Greatest Movie Stars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/05/03 at 08:13
Regular
Was on C4 on Sunday/Monday. Didn't see 100-40, but the top 40 was mostly balls. Al Pacino as number 1? Sod that. Morgan Freeman below Samuel L Jackson? Sod that. Ewan McGregor in the top 10? Sod that!

I'm going to rewrite the list when I have time, which is never. At least they got Harrison Ford high up there. They didn't mention Indiana Jones and the Problem with Piles, though. Mishter Connerrrry was high up too, which was good. Didn't expect to see Jimmy Stewart or Humphrey Bogart so low. Also, the film critic saying Brad Pitt is a "deeply beautiful" man is very very gay.

So, yeah, comments. And also, Guy Pearce wasn't in the Top 40. Neither was Jason Lee, William H Macy, Sean Bean or the guy who played Kit Fisto in Attack of the Clones :D I am angered.
Sun 11/05/03 at 14:19
Regular
"we escape....."
Tim Robbins not included?
Sun 11/05/03 at 14:11
Regular
"we escape....."
where the hell is charlton heston i mean for a man who starred in ben hur ( a film to collect 12 oscars), Planet of the Apes, The omega man, Julius Ceaser, The Ten Commandments, The greatest show on earth, El Cid, The greatest stoy ever told, the three musketeers, Earthquake, and a cameo in waynes world 2!!! and tombstone, How is he not regarded as the greatest actor of all time let alone within the top 100
Sun 11/05/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What about Moulin Rouge (sp?)?

I haven’t seen this so can’t comment.
Sun 11/05/03 at 13:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ewan McGregor at 9 is a bit of a joke. I mean, I like the guy, but apart from Trainspotting (excellent), Shallow Grave (good) and Star Wars (...) what else has he done of merit? Got little Ewan out in a number of substandard flicks like The Pillow Book and Velvet Goldmine, and that's about it. And don't get me started on A Life Less Ordinary.
Sun 11/05/03 at 10:57
Regular
"we escape....."
Ashley wrote:
> Er were was the coolest frenchman ever to have lived?
>
> Jean Reno
>
>
> Edward Norton, Steve Buscemi should have had a look in
>
>
> Kate winslet was 30 places above Daniel Day Lewis who is considered to
> be one of the most technically talent actors. And even though he
> doesn't take on that many films he still canes anything kate winslets
> ever done. Last of the Mohicans and his performance in gangs of new
> york were far superior to anything she has or probably will ever
> accomplish. Watched "the crucible" a play about the witch
> hunts of 18th century america and yet again he was
> excellent...........I bet he is so jealous of holy smoke, quills and
> titanic.

Totally agree with you daniel day lewis is great plus an oscar winner with "My left foot" and i'm sure his been nominated on more than just the two occasions. Jean Reno is so superb in Leon alone he was worthy of a place in the list and Edward Norton and Buscemi are two of the best actors around today. Especially Buscemi with his cameo in happy gilmor!
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:09
Regular
Oh Gabriel Byrne as well is the forgotten hero of cinema should have got in somewhere near the bottom, (another good spacey performance as well)
Sun 11/05/03 at 01:07
Regular
AS much as I like Kevin spacey putting him 4th is a bit of a joke. Although he had a succesful carrerr pre-american beauty with the likes of LA Confidential the Negotiator he is hardly one of the biggest stars. Stand his track record against harrison ford and you see what a joke it is that he is even in the top 20.

the Star wars and indiana jones trilogies are 2 of the most important and famous series' in movie history, Add Blade Runner the best futuristic film of its time, The Fugitive, Frantic, Witness and the very respectable Clear and present danger and patriot games, and then you realise what a joke Spacey coming forth is.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:59
Regular
Here's the full top 100 got it of some news site as the C4 site is down:

1. Al Pacino
2. Robert De Niro
3. Tom Hanks
4. Kevin Spacey
5. Harrison Ford
6. Jack Nicholson
7. Anthony Hopkins
8. Sean Connery
9. Ewan McGregor
10. Cary Grant
11. Samuel L Jackson
12. James Stewart
13. Audrey Hepburn
14. Steve McQueen
15. Brad Pitt
16. Paul Newman
17. Mel Gibson
18. Clint Eastwood
19. Robin Williams
20. Sigourney Weaver
21. Nicole Kidman
22. Johnny Depp
23. Jodie Foster
24. Dustin Hoffman
25. Susan Sarandon
26. Russell Crowe
27. Morgan Freeman
28. Denzel Washington
29. Julia Roberts
30. Marlon Brando
31. Christopher Lee
32. Tom Cruise
33. Nicolas Cage
34. Christopher Walken
35. Bruce Willis
36. Humphrey Bogart
37. Cate Blanchett
38. Katharine Hepburn
39. Marilyn Monroe
40. Gary Oldman
41. Jackie Chan
42. Gene Hackman
43. Jack Lemmon
44. Michael Caine
45. Bette Davis
46. John Travolta
47. Jim Carrey
48. John Cusack
49. Bruce Lee
50. Charlie Chaplin
51. Will Smith
52. Sidney Poitier
53. Harvey Keitel
54. Arnold Schwarzengger
55. Kate Winslet
56. John Wayne
57. Peter Sellers
58. Meryl Streep
59. John Malkovich
60. Jude Law
61. Robert Redford
62. Robert Downey Jr
63. Clark Gable
64. James Dean
65. Cameron Diaz
66. Gene Kelly
67. Eddie Murphy
68. Ingrid Bergman
69. River Phoenix
70. Richard Burton
71. Woody Allen
72. George Clooney
73. Hugh Grant
74. Angelina Jolie
75. Meg Ryan
76. Richard Gere
77. Elizabeth Taylor
78. Oliver Reed
79. Vivien Leigh
80. Dennis Hopper
81. Fred Astaire
82. Judy Garland
83. Ralph Fiennes
84. Doris Day
85. Daniel Day Lewis
86. Grace Kelly
87. Winona Ryder
88. Juliette Binoche
89. Gwyneth Paltrow
90. Gerard Depardieu
91. Julie Christie
92. Amitabh Bachchan
93. Kevin Costner
94. Leonardo DiCaprio
95. Uma Thurman
96. Wesley Snipes
97. Burt Reynolds
98. Jane Fonda
99. Halle Berry
100.Michael Douglas.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:58
Regular
Er were was the coolest frenchman ever to have lived?

Jean Reno

Edward Norton, Steve Buscemi should have had a look in

Kate winslet was 30 places above Daniel Day Lewis who is considered to be one of the most technically talent actors. And even though he doesn't take on that many films he still canes anything kate winslets ever done. Last of the Mohicans and his performance in gangs of new york were far superior to anything she has or probably will ever accomplish. Watched "the crucible" a play about the witch hunts of 18th century america and yet again he was excellent...........I bet he is so jealous of holy smoke, quills and titanic.

Halle berry.........That accomplished career which has monsters ball and a decent performance in swordfish. Look passed this and you are up to a dazzling performance in "the flintstones whoopy".
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:31
Regular
"we escape....."
also ne1 know where i can find harvey on dvd? i been looking for it for about a year but at least it was on ITV on christmas eve/ day night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.