GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got me a DS today"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/07/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Touched!"
Gave my stars one to bro as the games didn't appeal to me 4 months ago. (only had Project Rub and Rayman) Got it with Bomberman for £100 (had some game vouchers!). Bomberman rules! Just had loads of link up games with my bro and with bots, it was quality and clearly what the DS was made for. Also grabbed Mario DS and Wario Touched! (got them both for £45 new from Smiths). Mario is pretty fun in multiplayer but you'd need 4 people I rekon. Wario Touched! is genius..some of the games are quality. Should easily have enough to keep me going for another month when I'll get Pac Pix and Yoshi, also thinking of grabbing Another Code too. If they stick to making a lot of decent multiplayer games I'll be hooked. Roll on Animal Crossing and MK!
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Touched!"
Gave my stars one to bro as the games didn't appeal to me 4 months ago. (only had Project Rub and Rayman) Got it with Bomberman for £100 (had some game vouchers!). Bomberman rules! Just had loads of link up games with my bro and with bots, it was quality and clearly what the DS was made for. Also grabbed Mario DS and Wario Touched! (got them both for £45 new from Smiths). Mario is pretty fun in multiplayer but you'd need 4 people I rekon. Wario Touched! is genius..some of the games are quality. Should easily have enough to keep me going for another month when I'll get Pac Pix and Yoshi, also thinking of grabbing Another Code too. If they stick to making a lot of decent multiplayer games I'll be hooked. Roll on Animal Crossing and MK!
Fri 15/07/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Those are some good games, however I felt that the DS and it's launch was very weak compared to other Nintendo lauches. I keep saying this, and I'll say it again, just import the games! Meteos and Kirby are both out in America and are exceptional, and Nintendogs is going to be released in America on 25th August! Yay \o/ !
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Touched!"
Yeah I think I will. It's just that if I need to link up some games that require two copies I'll have to wait for a second one (providing I like the game) if I order from the US. However at least I'll get them a lot quicker. Nintendogs looks ok, not sure if it's my type of thing though.
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
For single player you should really get Yoshi T&G and Kirby. If you get them from a certain canadian cinema retailer, you can prety much get them both for about £35.
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:47
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
if you import from america, then you cant play multiple cart multiplayer, like with nintendogs, you wouldnt be able to connect with other carts from UK
Sun 17/07/05 at 01:50
Regular
...which would render some of the options in the game obsolete.

However, single-cart linkup games have no problem.
Sun 17/07/05 at 02:03
Regular
Is the 1-8 player multiplayer for Bomberman DS online or is it just whoevers near enough to connect to your wireless router?
Sun 17/07/05 at 02:08
Regular
The 1-8 multiplayer is just wireless connectable (no additional hardware needed)

8 people with DSs, 1 copy of the game, and everyone can play...as far as I'm aware.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Captain to you."
I'm looking to buy a handheld some time soon, and it's pretty much between 3

GP32:Runs emulators and so many quality games and it has quite a few other funcions

DS:it's nice, but it's like a book - It's big, it opens up, you use a pen on it. Although it does have a game or 2 i like and it can be used to watch movies and stuff.

Gizmondo:does everything, and does it well, limited games at the moment but some fantastic sounding ones, lack of stockest(sp?) though :(
Mon 18/07/05 at 00:31
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Sorry but the DS is poor for WiFi i just made all my mates change to the PSP and its soooo much fun! As for Emulators!!! HA you dont need a DS when you can get any N64 game on your PSP!

OR am i totally off the mark?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.