GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube to be released early 2002 in Europe!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/01/01 at 10:54
Regular
This is from Gameplay's TV Program, BLAM!!

It was mentioned around 3 times during the program, that the Gamecube and X-Box's European released had slipped to 2002.

If this is true, then all I can say is, "I TOLD YOU SO!!"
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:40
Regular
"not dead"
The stories are always written in a nice way, trouble is, I've usually read the news elsewhere by the time it's on your site.

Maybe you should have a link to the latest story, and a headline, on the forum list page. That'll get more people looking at it!

PS2 box story wasn't half funny though!
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:38
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The News service is pretty good, especially the one about the American woman who paid $425 for an empty PS2 Box - D'Oh!
But I prefer other sites because their coverage is more in depth etc. Nothing personal!
Wed 31/01/01 at 12:31
What does everyone think about our news service? Does anyone bother to read it at all?
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:07
Regular
as long as it is released when it is good and ready. personally i want it this christmas. but if it aint ready then i am prepared to wait. i dont want them bringing it out prematurly and being disssapointed by lack of quality. i am prepared to wait, i am used to waiting being a nintendo fan! but end of the day they always bring out a quality product that stands out from the rest, this one especailly!
Tue 30/01/01 at 22:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
'Nintendo have not said anything'

Yes and Nintendo dont say much, because they dont want to hype the console too much. They are being very very clever.
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:46
Regular
They've said nothing about the release!
Tue 30/01/01 at 21:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
There is a simple equation which can be used to calculate the release date of any major Nintendo project.
It goes like this

Actual release date = Nintendo's predicted release date +2 months*anticipation factor (1 to 10)
Tue 30/01/01 at 17:40
Regular
Once again, I cannot be arised to read the whole thing.

Gameplay are, to put it simply, crap for news. Not only do they frequently post rumours on their news service, but they post them about one month after they surface.
Tue 30/01/01 at 16:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
A little behind in the UK?!? ... New Jimmy redefining the use of understament there...

Equally during the transition stage, there should still be games released, its a coprorate shift, not a consumer shift, and they should be better prepared, Nintnedo should already be up to speed and already running before the transition occurs... its only professional.

"Although it does make sense for them to concentrate on the American market as the Americans are loyal to both Microsoft and Nintendo..."

Nintendo America is almost a completly differnt company, working to their own schedules, independant of either Nintendo Europe or Japan. Theres no need to spend time thinking of the American audience, because Nintendo Europe are supposed to be catering specifically for Europe, ignoring US release trends completly.

Equally, even taking notice of America doesnt explain how they can be so lax and shoddy in product releases... which is admittedly T.H.E Game 's fault and not NOJ... and which I think everybody hopes will change soon...
Tue 30/01/01 at 11:03
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Nintendo may be a little set back in the UK as they used to distribute their games, and do marketing through a Third party company owned by the John Mensies group! Now however theyre setting up on there own over here...this is why you cant pick up TWINE down the shops, because the transition means games arent getting out! However if Nintendo hurries along and gets its operation over here in full swing theres no reason why it wont release the machine over here by the end of the year!
Although it does make sense for them to concentrate on the American market as the Americans are loyal to both Microsoft and Nintendo...so it should be quite a battle, Ild say Nintendo will be the victor though just because its machine will be cheaper, and I havent heard anything about amazing new X-box only games...which the X-box will need to win customers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.