GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube to be released early 2002 in Europe!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/01/01 at 10:54
Regular
This is from Gameplay's TV Program, BLAM!!

It was mentioned around 3 times during the program, that the Gamecube and X-Box's European released had slipped to 2002.

If this is true, then all I can say is, "I TOLD YOU SO!!"
Sun 28/01/01 at 10:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
This is from Gameplay's TV Program, BLAM!!

It was mentioned around 3 times during the program, that the Gamecube and X-Box's European released had slipped to 2002.

If this is true, then all I can say is, "I TOLD YOU SO!!"
Sun 28/01/01 at 11:45
What the Gamecube has slipped too, Thats bad news....come on Nintendo give us our Gamecubes at the same time as everyone else then well love you and buy your machine!
Sun 28/01/01 at 12:08
Regular
Where, where, have Nintendo said a thing about it?
Sun 28/01/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
The program Blam! is unreliable. It has forseen 12 release dates on the program, and only 2 have been correct. I will wait to see what the peole who actually MAKE it say!
Sun 28/01/01 at 12:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ant mate u are all wrong.
The Gamecube is coming here this year, the pack says so in Eidos. why the hell would they have started there own offices (Nintendo) to deal with this launch.

Derrrr. November launch.
Sun 28/01/01 at 12:15
Regular
Why it's spank!
Sun 28/01/01 at 14:00
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, whenever the Gamecube is released it is sure to be a hugh success. In the past, Nintendo, although fairly financially comfortable thanks to the pokémon franchise, have never really produced the 'Best at the Time' Console. They have always been second to either the Mega Drive or the Playstation. The NES was very successful and I suppose could be classed as the best but videogaming didn't really take off until the release of the MD So it is hard to say.

I think that 2001 might just be Nintendo's year. The gamecube, although not very attractive is very close, specification-wise, to matching the MXB. I think that Microsoft might get quite a strong fan response because of the system it is produced on, however, nintendo do have quite some support...Rare. This company undoubtedly produced Nintendo's best titles on both the N64 and the SNES. Added to which the GC is supposed to be really easy to develop for and if Rare can church these masterpieces out quicker than you can say, hellyeahthesegamesaregonnabedamngood, then Nintendo will certainly get a good start and lead the race on the first lap.

However the main factor threatening the GC is the Playstation 2. despite a very rocky start the PS2 will be very cheap by the NGC release date and quite a few titles will be available. We can only hope that if Nintendo don't beat Sony, that they evenly match them with titles, popularity and developer numbers.

The actual Gamecube console is supposed to be qute cheap, take this for what you will but, the games for sure can't be cheap...can they...Nintendo's 8cm discs are suopposed to cost about £10 each...I think they are DVD format and so that figure could be around the £12 mark. I think that if Nintendo sacrifice a little of the profit on each of the games then they will build a good customer loyalty figure which is sure to keep them going for a good while.

The other threat is Microsoft, Videogamers always seem to want something new, something off the beat and the XB might just fit that charachteristic. Although the final size and specification is still fairly unsure I think despite the negative reaction in Japan, a lot of people who woulndn't necessary buy a console may go for the XB because of the name, and the fact that they can link it up with this and that.

Another concern is the games for the Gamecube, we have all seen Video footage, just like the ones for the DC and PS2 but as yet we have seen no in-game footage from Nintendo. I think that Nintendo's 'Let's keep this a big secret' idea could let them be over shadowed by Sony and Microsoft who are doing press releases and interviews al the time.

I can only hope that Nintendo know what they're doing, I think they are a great asset to the Videogaming industry and suitable representatives for Videogaming in the years to come....lets hope they have got the right tools!

The Game

Sun 28/01/01 at 14:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> Ant mate u are all wrong.
The Gamecube is coming here this year,
> the pack says so in Eidos. why the hell would they have started
> there own offices (Nintendo) to deal with this launch.

Derrrr.
> November launch.

I'm afraid I just can't see a 2001 European release.

I'm still betting on Spring 2001, and I also don't think Gameplay would muck it up, as they seem completely sure of it.
Sun 28/01/01 at 14:54
Regular
Just because your some PS2 owner.
Sun 28/01/01 at 14:58
Regular
"not dead"
As no official announcement has been made, we don't really know when it will be released, but all signs point to a June release in Japan, and October in USA. They've already got some company making the cardboard displays for the games!

It depends on Nintendo whether thaty want to release before Xmas or not. There's no reason why they won't be able to, but they might choose to release next March.

Though if er-no says November, I trust him!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.