GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Skins series 3 - Thursday night E4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/01/09 at 17:29
Regular
So, the third series of Skins is starting this thursday (22nd) on E4. Having watched the firs two and thought they were possible one of the best things I've seen on telly, I'm looking forward to the new series.

This time around Effy is to be the main character, and a "friend" of hers, Pandora, who made an appearance in S2 is back, apart from that it's an all new cast.

So, anyone else looking forward to this? What do you think of the fact they've ditched most of the original cast and are going with an all new line up?
Tue 20/01/09 at 17:29
Regular
So, the third series of Skins is starting this thursday (22nd) on E4. Having watched the firs two and thought they were possible one of the best things I've seen on telly, I'm looking forward to the new series.

This time around Effy is to be the main character, and a "friend" of hers, Pandora, who made an appearance in S2 is back, apart from that it's an all new cast.

So, anyone else looking forward to this? What do you think of the fact they've ditched most of the original cast and are going with an all new line up?
Tue 20/01/09 at 18:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
YH wrote:
> This time around Effy is to be the main character, and a
> "friend" of hers, Pandora, who made an appearance in S2
> is back, apart from that it's an all new cast.

Pandora was great. Just the scene with her sitting on the sofa with Tony makes me smile

> So, anyone else looking forward to this? What do you think of
> the fact they've ditched most of the original cast and are going
> with an all new line up?

Honestly no. I'm really not happy they ditched the cast and this lot will have a long way to go to match up. I cant see how it'll work without that bond between Tony and Sid which was one of the most honest and sweetest friendships i've seen on TV.
Wed 21/01/09 at 02:57
Regular
"Mooching around"
Fantastic, something to pass the duller hours of the uni weekday.
Thu 22/01/09 at 00:18
Regular
Looks quite poor to be honest, but I'll probably still watch.
Thu 22/01/09 at 23:07
Regular
Well, they've managed to replace every character whilst making the show even more childish. That booky twin is pretty fit though.
Fri 23/01/09 at 01:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Comrade Alfonse wrote:
> Looks quite poor to be honest, but I'll probably still watch.

I avoided it. The impression i got from the trailer was all the boys are laddish d**ks and all the girls are thick. I'll read some reviews before i decide whether to bother with it again.
Sat 07/02/09 at 08:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Comrade Alfonse wrote:
> Well, they've managed to replace every character whilst making
> the show even more childish.

I didn't like that aspect but i can see potential in this group. Far more than i originally did with the first cast. I've only watched the first episode but you can see the stage being set already. Freddie Vs Cook, Effy showing all the signs of being a bigger pig than her brother, Naomi and the twin. I want to see where they go with Pandora.
Wed 18/02/09 at 02:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This lot have now won me over. I've watched up to episode 3, which included one of the best insults i've heard in ages, most of which cant be repeated in a forum with kids but ended with "and your father was a homosexual donkey".
Pandora is comedy gold and doesnt even need great lines to have my rofling. "Aren't they f**king amazing?" :D
Mon 23/02/09 at 15:50
Regular
After ep2 I was ready to give up. They seemed to have just added in more swearing, more drink and more drugs, and taken out the characters and the relationships between them.

However, the last few episodes have been pretty good and have got back to what the first two series did so well - explore the relationships between mates while things around them get messed up.

I'll be watching the rest of the series, definitely.
Mon 23/02/09 at 16:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
It always takes a while to build up but as with the other series, if you stick with it long enough you're rewarded. Cook was someone i was ready to hate before this series even started because you know the type, the first episode didn't do anything to dispel that but the longer it goes he suprises you. He's a strange mix of seemingly nice guy, utter ba**ard, all the while being totally unhinged. Also seems to have a slightly religious side, believing in things happening, waiting for signs etc. He does seem to have gone fully down the ba**ard route now though.
I don't know which episode it is this week but I'm waiting for JJ's. There is a strange dynamic between the 3 boys and i want to know why JJ always sticks with Cook instead of Freddie the fun sponge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.