GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Discussion"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/01/01 at 13:56
Regular
I was reading the mailbag on another website (what, there are other websites?) and somebody made the following point:

PS2 games are simply high-res cousins to the PS-One versions.

Do you see this as being true with the launch titles?
Wed 31/01/01 at 22:16
Regular
Ah, then all is forgiven.

My friend has borrowed X-wing Alliance... and if I don't get it back tommorrow, I may have to kill him.

Whoops... there goes my motive...
Wed 31/01/01 at 21:18
"High polygon count"
>Wookiee, I'm intrigued, what two Star Wars games
>did you buy?

Rogue Squadron, which was okay but repetitive after a short time, and Force Commander, which was utter sh...
Wed 31/01/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
Going to watch Star Wars in fifteen minutes!!
Wed 31/01/01 at 20:08
I am the BIGGEST Star Wars Fan that owns a PS2. (At least I like to think so :))
Wed 31/01/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Someone has already claimed a Gamecube game"

Yup. Me. :D

Wookiee, I'm intrigued, what two Star Wars games did you buy?
Tue 30/01/01 at 09:39
Regular
"not dead"
ssxpro wrote:
> meka_dragon, I noticed that on one of your gameaday wins, it says
> donated next to it.
Donated what to who?

During December the good people at Special Reserve got their hands on a PS2 and donated it to Great Ormand Street Hospital, so rather that claim a game on a few of the occasions that I won Gameaday, I donated my wins to the GOSH prize fund. In all, about 10 games and 4 DVDs were donated to GOSH.

There was a list of all of the prizes donated for a little while after Xmas, but it has now been taken down.
Sun 28/01/01 at 21:38
Regular
i'd never have the urge to purchase a PS2. never ever. i'm saving all my monies for GB. so far i have saved near £1000. i'm willing to pump all that money into the GC. its not that i cant afford an PS2. i could go out and buy one tommorow(if there was any in the shops!) but it dont appeal to me. the voices in my head have posesed me. god people talk about how big MGS2 is.......yeah i agree it will be quality...but i think Perfect Dark 2:after dark has the opportunity to be even bigger. i just cant wait....hurry up nintendo and bring that ting to europe!
Sun 28/01/01 at 19:30
The Game: You would be blind not to notice all the people who hate the PS2, but I still have no idea why they do. Perhaps it is because they cannot afford it? ;) But still, that is no reason to knock it.

My advice, buy a PS2. Sure it costs the same as two Dreamcasts, but when I slid it out the packaging and held it in my hand... wow! It was like clutching a nuclear weapon. All that power, just aching to be used!

Now you're thinking: "Poor guy, dosen't he know the launch titles suck?" I have Timesplitters and SSX, they are great. Not happy? Come March, BANG! All the good games will be out and everyone will be wishing they had one.

I do...
Sat 27/01/01 at 23:55
"High polygon count"
You could always bite the bullet and get a PS2 - it doesn't make you any less of a man, and it doesn't stop you buying a GameCube when they're out.

Alternatively, Red Faction is also coming out for the PC.
Fri 26/01/01 at 22:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I didn't want to start a new topic, but Have you seen the movies and screen shots for Red Faction for the PS2, WOW! I really want this game....If only I could bring myself to buy a Playstation.....NNnnooooooooo!!!!!!

NEVER, If it isn't Nintendo or Sega I want No part of it....stil Red Faction Looks Good!! I hope they release it for the NGC!

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.