GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube made no mistakes"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/01 at 20:52
Regular
the gamecube is a good console, weak points,

1. design - not an issue, you look at the ps2, big ugly, and overrated then the gamecube - small cute and in 5 respectable coulors.

2, no support - well ninteno will get it - as soon as the developers find out what they are missing.

3 -image - a problem! .

strenths

1, great games

2, - price

3. -ease of development

4, getting bored of typeing

5,- get a gamecube
Sat 27/01/01 at 00:32
Regular
i is a nintendo fan, and i will be very surprised if it is released this year in Europe. if history has anything to go by nintendo wont release it this year. but maybe with gamecube things will change. i suppose games are easier and quicker to produce and thus maybe there might actually be some good games on launch. but really a november launch? oh god it would be the best christmas ever!
Fri 26/01/01 at 10:59
"High polygon count"
>That means that you'll have to
> decide which console you want based on the games available for it!

As it should be.
Fri 26/01/01 at 09:30
Regular
"not dead"
ortega wrote:
> gamecube aint gonna come out this year. no way. nintendo should
> only release it when there is a large selection of quality games.
> not just a handful like they did wid the 64

I don't agree with you here. The GC will be released in Japan in July, US in October, and Europe in November.

The fact is, there's already a company out there making the display stands for the games!

It will certainly come out before the X-Box, as Nintendo have already shipped their development kits, whereas the X-Box's specs aren't yet finalised, and neither are their development kits.

Anyway, by the time that they're released the PS2 should have some decent titles,and developers will have gotten over the apparent hurdles of PS2 development, so the console sshould beon a pretty enven playing field.

That means that you'll have to decide which console you want based on the games available for it!
Thu 25/01/01 at 21:44
Regular
gamecube aint gonna come out this year. no way. nintendo should only release it when there is a large selection of quality games. not just a handful like they did wid the 64
Thu 25/01/01 at 10:44
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Woah!!!!! Come on!! Stop throwing your toys out of your pram and calm down!
Wed 24/01/01 at 18:25
Flying Pig wrote:
> A few problems with your argument:
You have no idea how much it'll
> cost
No games have been officially proposed for the GC and finally
> if Nintendo's past and current performance is anything to go by; you
> won't be seeing one until december 2002!

Umm. You obviously have no basis for this. Miyamoto said that the game GameCube will be about £150. Good. Officialy in development are around 45 games, including Perfect Dark 2, Luigis Mansion, Too Human, RIQA and a host of others.

HA!
Wed 24/01/01 at 17:44
Regular
Shut up. The GC is out this year. If you use your head rather than your stupid pig's brain.
Wed 24/01/01 at 17:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
turkeys wrote:
> the gamecube is a good console, weak points,

1. design - not an
> issue, you look at the ps2, big ugly, and overrated then the
> gamecube - small cute and in 5 respectable coulors.

2, no support
> - well ninteno will get it - as soon as the developers find out what
> they are missing.

3 -image - a problem! .

strenths

1, great
> games

2, - price

3. -ease of development

4, getting bored
> of typeing

>5,- get a gamecube

6. Perhaps you should go back to the farm you came from.

{:)
Wed 24/01/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Complete Banker"
True!! ;P
But the GC isn't even out yet so the big N haven't had a chance to make the mistakes they made with the N64 (See Edge)
Anyway they're already mage a bit or a mistake in the fact that the GC looks a bit like a childs lunchbox. Or maybe a pink toaster......
Wed 24/01/01 at 12:49
Regular
"not dead"
Flying Pig wrote:

> if Nintendo's past and current performance is anything to go by; you
> won't be seeing one until december 2002!

Just before the release of MGS2!

(Sorry I just found it funny that you posted this, then a hour or so later, it turns out that MSG2 had been delayed. Maybe the Gods prefer Nintendo?)

md

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.