GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't Wast Your Money - Buy A Dreamcsat!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/01/01 at 20:21
Regular
Can someone please explain why i have just wasted over £400 on a Sony Playstion 2 with Memory Card and 2 games?
The graphics are better on my PC (I have a Athlon 1Gh 32MB GE Force 2 256Mb SDram & DVD) but OK this cost me Over a Grand and I Carn't play Psone games errr No I can play Psone games via Bleam! and before anyone says about PS2 gmes that is another subject over £70 for 2 games of which one Tekan 2 is a good but average game and X-Squad which now is an Expensive Mousemat, as it can hardly be described as a playable game!
Haveing digresed from my origanl point fair is fair either the PS2 carn't or sony is not tring hard enough to match there £300 book End er I mean Console to a £1000 PC But what about the N64 it only costs £80 and comes in a cute Picachu modal and with so few but so many games,in the sense that most N64 titles are far and few between there are Exelent titles Mario 64, Perfect Dark, Zelda, Pokemon Stadium and pushing my luck Pokemon Snap and Mario Tennis.
But thing to the future, there appears to be no future for N64 with the less hyped probaly cheeper and better Gamecube is around the corner.
Now having rambbled on about PCs and N64s I come to what the title says "Don't Waste Your Money - Buy A Dreamcast" and I mean it, Honastly.
Firstly the PS2 £300 for the console ok it plays DVDs but add on £28 for a Memory Card and £15 for a Controller and £35-£45 a game its relly expnsive when the game are not up to scatch, as well as owning tekan and my mouse mat (X- Squad) I have played, RR5, Midnight Run, Fifa 2001 and with the exeption of Fifa all had Psone quality graphics and Gamplay not seen sine an Atari 7800!.
Now take the Dreamcast you can buy at this very shop for £186 or ther abouts with 6 yes count them 6 games including the Exelent Sonic Adventure (Match This Game Sony) and the also Exelent Soul Calibar combind this with the mediocor ready to rumble and the Poor tomb raider (poor on all formats) and add the iceing with a online multiplayer Game and what can i say the Ps2 doen't even come with a Modem!
This brings me to the other features of the dreamcast Internet Access Trough Your TV No cable no dish not even an ariel requied just the Dc and a phone line. With all the features mentioned and the 6 games just bundled with this dreamcast having more playabilty than the currunt UK Ps2 Catolog I could rest my case but no people will say I am plugging this shop I'm not try any store and you'll get a DC with Games for bewteen £140 and £200, Also athough i do not own a dreamcast I soon will and all my mates do so that is how i know about the quality of games. Finaly for you who say well the DC does not feauture A DVD player two tree words High Street £130 (For which you get superia qualaty a seperate box and a Remote Controll).
For anyone who may still need convincing look below
Sony PS2 £300 Includes DVD Player and High Street Cred
Sega Dreamcast Includes Internet Access and GAMES £186 and add a DVD for £130 if thats what you want?
Sat 27/01/01 at 23:41
Regular
I managed to avoid coursework. I had the following modules available:

Pure 1-6
Mechanics 1-4
Statistics 1-4
Discrete 1 and 2
Coursework 1 and 2

We had to do six for an A-level, in which pure 1-3 must be included in the first A-level.
I did 5 pure, 3 mechanics, 3 stats and 1 discrete.
I agree that mechanics is hard, though I find stats harder because it is difficult to know when you have a correct answer in the exam. With pure, when everything starts to cancel out and your left with a nice answer, its a big clue, but stats has a tendency to leave you with answers such as 0.9238 etc...
I`ve just taken 5 exams to finish the first semester of my degree. Fortunately they don`t count for my final mark, because I don`t even know if I`ve passed or not. The statistics unit was especially tough, though the functions, differentiation and coordinate geometry unit was also hard.
Sat 27/01/01 at 13:21
Regular
I did some stats, but not that much. I preferred the mechanics side and followed that a bit. Both are interestong though.
Are you on the OCR board for maths? That`s the board my school used when I did mine. It was a nice board with modular exams (6 modules for an A-level), and each module seemed big enough to be worthwhile, but not so big that it was too much to revise. I liked it.
Sat 27/01/01 at 10:16
Regular
Great news for gamecube.....MGS2 aint coming out till 2002. this should shift more gamecubes as long as it gets a pre christmas release date
Sat 27/01/01 at 00:26
Regular
devo wrote:
> You're hearing voices in your head Ortega? Looks like the A levels
> are getting to you! All you need to do now is to train them to tell
> you the answers in the exams! ;-)

lol! funny s**t man!
Sat 27/01/01 at 00:25
Regular
i think i could never purchase a playstation. it wouldnt be right. in my heart i am forever nintendo. i'm only getting a DC cos my mates selling it to me for £45. he works in Curry's and nicked it for me. the guys got enough stuff he stole from there. he took a DVD player and a top of the range pioneer stereo.

oh in maths we about to go on to statistics. we have just done pure 2. we aint doing ucas yet, i'm only in my first year. it should be my second year but i messed around too much and have to repeat it again.
Fri 26/01/01 at 21:53
Regular
Well done on the first two results, I hope Maths went alright. Are you going through UCAS at the moment? If so, what course do you want to do? Also, what branches of maths are you doing? Mechanics, Stats, Pure, Discrete etc... ?

AS for Shenmue and MSR, I have a friend who says they`re both both very good. However, on the PS2 thing, there should be loads around by the end of March, so if you`re still thinking about it then, I really recommend it. Also, it has Dead or Alive 2 (though virtually the same as the DC version) if thats a factor.
Fri 26/01/01 at 08:29
You're hearing voices in your head Ortega? Looks like the A levels are getting to you! All you need to do now is to train them to tell you the answers in the exams! ;-)
Fri 26/01/01 at 00:44
Regular
cheers for the luck in the "A" levels Monster.
Fri 26/01/01 at 00:43
Regular
well thats nice aint it.....nintendo and sony fans making peace.....

well anyways i'm doing maths,computing,business studies and accounting. i'm actually repeating the first year of them as i messed about too much last year and couldnt hack the work. mainly playing too much wrestlemania 2000,goldeneye perfect dark with my mates. well this year i have sorted it. i just done my mocks and i got a B in computing and a C in Business studies. get rest of results on tuesday. i think i messed up maths though.

anyone rate shenmue in here? i should be picking up a DC this week. main games i want is MSR,dead or alive 2 and soul calibur. i'm only gettin it to keep me occupied till gamecube arrives. i would buy a PS2 but something stops me from buying one. there is something in my mind that keeps repeating anti-sony vibes. i saw one today in a second hand shop for £350 with one game. i had the money and was tempted. but i listended to my mind and swiftly walked away to check out some DC games.
Thu 25/01/01 at 23:03
"High polygon count"
Good luck to you both in your A-Level's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.