GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD= PERFECT!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 20:54
Regular
Just thought I'd say that I watched Mission Impossible 2 on PS2 DVD, and it was perfect!!
Well, apart from the stupid plot...and the baddies missing all the time.....ans some really stupid action bits.....and large hole sin the plot....it was....fine.

So overall, the PS2 performed great, where as the movie....didn't perform so well.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Mon 22/01/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
DVD is a relativly old technology... its been around for a good few years now...

Wasnt the problem with PS2 DVD that they wernt going to allow SCART viewing or some such thing, intended to stop piracy, but resulting in lower than premium viewing quality?
Mon 22/01/01 at 08:18
Regular
"not dead"
Ant wrote:

>I WASN'T SAYING IT WAS THE BEST!!!

No you said it was perfect. Which was a bit daft, wasn't it?

DVD is still a relatively new technology, and it still has a fair distance to go before this format reaches perfection.

I'm not saying it isn't good, for I don't know, but it can't be perfect!

md
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PS2 DVD = Perfect??? ... Nooo.... Cameron Diaz offer me her body = perfect.... yess :)

-- How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
Sun 21/01/01 at 14:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
er-no wrote:
> Now then, I have a PS2 (pstriangle) and when my DVD decides to work
> it is amazing. Altough I also have a DVD player (JVC) and it
> delivers much better quality then the PS2.

The PS2 dvd is
> extremely good, but not in any means the best.

I WASN'T SAYING IT WAS THE BEST!!! Of course it's not going to be as good as a £500 DVD Player, but what do ya expect??
Sun 21/01/01 at 12:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Now then, I have a PS2 (pstriangle) and when my DVD decides to work it is amazing. Altough I also have a DVD player (JVC) and it delivers much better quality then the PS2.

The PS2 dvd is extremely good, but not in any means the best.
Sun 21/01/01 at 12:48
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The DVD quality of the PS2 is very good - I watched the Great Escape last night and it was fantastic (the film and the playback quality) These people who slate the PS2 ion terms of DVD quality etc obviously haven't seen it. How can you comment when you have nothing to back it up??
That's just simply anti-Sony bias.
Sun 21/01/01 at 11:10
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> well a normal DVD player would be Perfect.

Yeah, but everyone was doubting the PS2's DVD.
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:41
Regular
well a normal DVD player would be Perfect.
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:38
Regular
"Whatever!"
The PS2 DVD player still impressess me - Have just watched Bond TWINE and it ran without a hitch, excellent film aswell!!
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:27
Regular
how could u put the GC to shame? it isnt even out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.