GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future of Gaming."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/01/01 at 18:47
Regular
Once Nintendo and Microsoft reveal their future consoles, everyone becomes so hyped up about them or sometimes they just think it's a rip-off. The Future of Gaming has had nothing big like when the whole gaming scene came together. We are just having one big console war between 5 companies trying to make people reach into their pockets to purchase their consoles and make money.

We need a little technology push from somewhere a Mario 64 everywhere to make the first 4D platformer or to make the best puzzle game ever since Tetris.
All we have is a better technology that makes better graphics, there's no quality that the old titles every had.
Zelda Ocarina of Time was one of the many one perfect games that showed off the power of the N64, Metal Gear showed a whole new way of shoot em' up.

What gaming needs is more than console wars or graphical visabilty, we need all of them to make the proper future of gaming.
Sun 21/01/01 at 21:43
Im with SNIPER beat em ups need a serious revamping, in the old days they were innovative we had multiplayer beat em ups like IK+, and walk along Beat em up affairs like Streets of Rage. I like Streetfighter2 clones dont get me wrong, but theres too many.
There are now some multiplayer fighters, and somewalk along beat em ups but none of them are that great....Imagination is whats needed.
The problem with games is that as theyve got bigger and bigger, and so take longer to program....theyre getting less imaginative as the programmers are now confined to corporate ideas which drive the gamemaking process.
Sun 21/01/01 at 20:51
Regular
There are 2-d representations of cubes ranging between 4-D and 15-D, and they are way too complex for our brains to be able to understand the imagery, especially in a fast gaming situation. Imagine FPSs in 15-D!
Perhaps the next step is some sort of implant in the brain, in a similar way to VR, except hidden away in your mind, allowing you to fully interact with the game you are involved in. Metal Gear Solid where you are Snake!
However, it won`t be safe for years, especially with Microsoft around, because they`ll make the first one, and then it`ll crash and erase all of your memories, and you`ll turn into John Chrichton from Farscape.
Not that I`m a fan of Farscape or anything, but does anyone know when the next series will start in the Uk?
Sun 21/01/01 at 20:23
Regular
But beat em' ups need a change from those Street fighter copies.
Sun 21/01/01 at 20:08
"possibly impossible"
4D is only a concept, and time is already part of gameplay.

What we need is not just new ideas. We need some old ideas consolidated to create better games, it doesn't matter that we get more 3D platformers or more racing games, it's what the programmers do with them that make the difference. Ok, so we need new ideas to stop the games industry from getting stagnent, but it doesn't hurt to have some old style goodness in there as well. People would soon complain if a new console didn't have a beat-em-up or racing game or another genre that other consoles had, and the games companies know that.
Sun 21/01/01 at 20:00
Regular
Nothing really changed in gaming yet.
Sun 21/01/01 at 19:58
Push Forward, how so will direction exsist as we know it in a 4D universe!
Sun 21/01/01 at 19:55
Regular
4D gaming may come true once we get that push forward.
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
hah
er-no
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Equally... the best game since Tetris? When Tetris was released a lot of people thought it was written in Basic and was kinda retro...?
Sun 21/01/01 at 17:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
A 4D computer game huh... traversing space and time to collect coins and save the princess from Bowser... Good idea, but I'll bet Stephen Hawkins will be annoyed :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.