GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ALi G will have his own game soon..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/01/01 at 11:22
Regular
Yes that's correct - the likelihood is that Ali G will be appearing in his very own computer game, set for release on all formats. You will be able to control the antics of the man, the decision making, and basically live the life of the superstar that is Ali G. You'll have to go shopping for all the weird clothes that he wears, but take it all in moderation because Alistair Gray is going to be immortalised by the video game that is SIMPLY 'ALi G' - and you thought I meant a video game about a PVC attached, ego-inflated, ill-educated (speaking wise) chap from Staines? Dear or dear...

You'll have such tasks as moderating the forums, typing to all the regulars - there'll be an Online option in the game (for consoles and PCs that have this capability) where the game will take out the most horrible, most difficult to answer topics, questions and all sorts from the SR site - you, as ALi G, will have to respond, react, control and succeed. And you'll have to do this, all from the comfort of the SR broom cupboard. You will live Ali-G's life - and after work you will have to go around virtual Harlow, and make buying decisions that will either help you to prosper in the game, or fail, miserably.

The real people on the forums will take part in surveys produced by Tony or the infamous Webmaster to see which games they want Ali to buy that week - however - as we'll all buy the game, and be taking part in the questions, it could be quite tricky. We’ll manage though! Virtual Ali - controlled by you will be given a clue each day buy going online (more profit for the game maker to help show what sort of product Ali must buy. For instance the clue could be 'RPG - the greatest of all time' and Ali would get, say 100 points for matching the game, and getting it for the best price (no swiping from the SR shops is allowed). Points will decrease if the game is wrong, and the price is wrong too. So if Virtual Ali picks up, oh I don't know...Zelda Majora's Mask and for only £27.99 then he will probably get the full 100 points - it all depends on how the forum people vote that day. As the level gets harder, the tasks get harder, so you'll have to do such things like 'sell a Saturn for a fiver' or 'buy a PS2 straight over the counter for under £500' and so on...

There will also be a Command and Conquer type mini game involved in the main game - this will be available at night time only, where Virtual Ali must play a random member of the forum (a different competitor each night) and try his best to win. Should virtual Ali lose, he will age by 1 year on top of the starting age of 30. If Ali reaches 80 years old, he'll be forced to withdraw from the C&C competition, and will also lose his job at SR. However, should Ali win consecutive Online matches, he will be awarded a car from winacar.co.uk (as if anyone else would win it).

There are so many sub games, and mini tasks involved in the game that Ali will be so exhausted that he'll also have to invent a micro-chip that will allow him to stay awake all through the night (he'll have to watch Terminator 1,2 and the forthcoming 3 every month in order to do this). However, should Ali become one with the Borg, then you'll lose the game and have to start again.

Save points will be featured in the game, and extra characters will be unlocked as you progress - play as the 'News Monkey', as '[email protected]' and even 'Webmaster'. They'll each be given their own mission objectives, and online play will be involved also.

Ali will also have a sub mission throughout the game to resume with his social life, and become a television superstar. Not too much to ask for is it?

This'll be a game of monumental proportions, but together at SR we can achieve it! We'll make the game, and it'll be good.

Thanks for reading,
C3
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:22
Who ARE you...

C3PO=dumb - why thank you.

What do you mean I am desperate? Desperate to start a discussion that 'could have been' interesting? That could have developed? That could have turned into a game being made? I think perhaps you are mistaken kind worded one. Mistaken you are yes.
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Hi C3PO, just ignore Sniper when he gets like that, he posts comments like that to everyone and is very hard to get a conversation out of, but he's ok.

Good topic, I liked it. But yeah, new games forum might have been more appropriate.
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:20
SNIPER wrote:
> Yeah a bit desperate from a dumb robot.

My name is about to change to a cleverer robot. Desperate? So your reply was what exactly...?
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:20
Regular
C3PO=dumb
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:19
Sniper - for no reason at all you chose to insult my intelligence, well maybe because I have chosen the name of a robot from Star Wars - but there's no need to be macabre is there. I am sorry - Grix, Alistair Gray lives in Harlow probably seeing that all the SR magazines come from Harlow. I said that the other Ali G - some gut called Sacha Bonam whatd'yamacallit comes from Staines.

If you want me to post this in the new games ideas then i will now - but judging by the sarcastic responses, to my actually quite good idea - I think, I doubt there'll be any point in doing it. Maybe you lot are just bored...
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:55
Regular
Yeah a bit desperate from a dumb robot.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:53
Regular
Anyway, Ali already said this a while back, in the game ideas forum. Where this should be... :P
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:52
Regular
Anyway, I doubt Alistar Gray lives in Staines.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:51
Regular
Boff.
Sun 14/01/01 at 16:07
Regular
Boyakasha! *BOOM*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.