GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ALi G will have his own game soon..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/01/01 at 11:22
Regular
Yes that's correct - the likelihood is that Ali G will be appearing in his very own computer game, set for release on all formats. You will be able to control the antics of the man, the decision making, and basically live the life of the superstar that is Ali G. You'll have to go shopping for all the weird clothes that he wears, but take it all in moderation because Alistair Gray is going to be immortalised by the video game that is SIMPLY 'ALi G' - and you thought I meant a video game about a PVC attached, ego-inflated, ill-educated (speaking wise) chap from Staines? Dear or dear...

You'll have such tasks as moderating the forums, typing to all the regulars - there'll be an Online option in the game (for consoles and PCs that have this capability) where the game will take out the most horrible, most difficult to answer topics, questions and all sorts from the SR site - you, as ALi G, will have to respond, react, control and succeed. And you'll have to do this, all from the comfort of the SR broom cupboard. You will live Ali-G's life - and after work you will have to go around virtual Harlow, and make buying decisions that will either help you to prosper in the game, or fail, miserably.

The real people on the forums will take part in surveys produced by Tony or the infamous Webmaster to see which games they want Ali to buy that week - however - as we'll all buy the game, and be taking part in the questions, it could be quite tricky. We’ll manage though! Virtual Ali - controlled by you will be given a clue each day buy going online (more profit for the game maker to help show what sort of product Ali must buy. For instance the clue could be 'RPG - the greatest of all time' and Ali would get, say 100 points for matching the game, and getting it for the best price (no swiping from the SR shops is allowed). Points will decrease if the game is wrong, and the price is wrong too. So if Virtual Ali picks up, oh I don't know...Zelda Majora's Mask and for only £27.99 then he will probably get the full 100 points - it all depends on how the forum people vote that day. As the level gets harder, the tasks get harder, so you'll have to do such things like 'sell a Saturn for a fiver' or 'buy a PS2 straight over the counter for under £500' and so on...

There will also be a Command and Conquer type mini game involved in the main game - this will be available at night time only, where Virtual Ali must play a random member of the forum (a different competitor each night) and try his best to win. Should virtual Ali lose, he will age by 1 year on top of the starting age of 30. If Ali reaches 80 years old, he'll be forced to withdraw from the C&C competition, and will also lose his job at SR. However, should Ali win consecutive Online matches, he will be awarded a car from winacar.co.uk (as if anyone else would win it).

There are so many sub games, and mini tasks involved in the game that Ali will be so exhausted that he'll also have to invent a micro-chip that will allow him to stay awake all through the night (he'll have to watch Terminator 1,2 and the forthcoming 3 every month in order to do this). However, should Ali become one with the Borg, then you'll lose the game and have to start again.

Save points will be featured in the game, and extra characters will be unlocked as you progress - play as the 'News Monkey', as '[email protected]' and even 'Webmaster'. They'll each be given their own mission objectives, and online play will be involved also.

Ali will also have a sub mission throughout the game to resume with his social life, and become a television superstar. Not too much to ask for is it?

This'll be a game of monumental proportions, but together at SR we can achieve it! We'll make the game, and it'll be good.

Thanks for reading,
C3
Mon 15/01/01 at 12:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I went for a job at the antiques place in the Maltings, but they wouldn't give me one. Now I work in a Neuroscience centre and am about to embark on an Degree in Audio Technology.
Take that Lovejoy.
Mon 15/01/01 at 11:22
Regular
I'm scared by all of this.
Sun 14/01/01 at 22:48
Regular
High Street rivalry?

I suggest a five a side football team. Tony, Ali, the rest... sorry I forget all your names.

Verus the phone shop. Put Tony in goal though. :D
Sun 14/01/01 at 21:54
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
LINK wrote:
> Does anyone agree with me when i say that Ali G really aint funny anymore he was good for maybe two months but now hes just crap

Are you the shop in the High Street that sells phones?
Sun 14/01/01 at 21:49
Regular
HE picks gameaday (shoosh not too loud)
Sun 14/01/01 at 21:47
He's a great staff member at SR I think.
Sun 14/01/01 at 21:41
Regular
Does anyone agree with me when i say that Ali G really aint funny anymore he was good for maybe two months but now hes just crap
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:41
Who wrote this?
Ali or You?

I didn't even know about this.
My post is completely unrelated and has a different concept totally.

If you are concerned that my post is a 'rip-off' well it isn't. It is ccompletely original, I thought of it this morining and haven't even seen anything like it before - sorry if I have offended you miene freind.
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:24
Regular
Ali@specialreserve
on 08/01/2001 9.35AM Here is my fantastic idea for a new game:

It's called Sim SR. The object is to survive every month until you get paid - it's simple yet gritty. Along the way you must deal with the discussion regulars - an evil race of dastardly villains who bombard you with useless questions and annoying requests. The only way to defeat these monsters is to throw a free game/dvd at them, only then will they leave you alone. Hopefully.

The second level of the game is the stealth level, where you must sneak through the office with your mug in the quest to find the coveted cup-of-tea. This amazing artefact is the most wanted object in all of SR Towers, and should you be spotted trying to grab a cup-of-tea all the characters will want one. Fortunately, you can use your secret weapon - no sugar. This will make the tea so foul, no-one could drink it. Except for girls.

Then you must tackle the coveted SR magazine - one of the trickiest levels in the whole game. Each page must be completed whilst a number of distractions put you off ie. dodgy cups of tea poisoning you, evil characters coming in to change the design and finally, the terrible monster, Deadlinicus. Fail to beat him and you are sacked...so start again.

Then, the final boss, Tonius. This beast won't rest until he has sapped all of your work energy, throwing lightning bolts and evening requests at you to knock you off the roof of SR Towers. Beat Tonius and you reign supreme over SR Towers! A sequel beckons, i think...

If that doesn't win Gameaday, i'm writing to the bloke who picks the winners
Sun 14/01/01 at 17:23
FantasyMeiste® wrote:
> Hi C3PO, just ignore Sniper when he gets like that, he posts
> comments like that to everyone and is very hard to get a
> conversation out of, but he's ok.

Good topic, I liked it. But
> yeah, new games forum might have been more appropriate.

I'm sorry - It's there now if you all want to go there instead.

I didn't realise there were so many forums.
I'll be there now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.