GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The worst film called Under Siege 2?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/03/03 at 11:41
Regular
Really this stunk like a hobo-skunk mutation created by the Government to hunt down Pigeons, that had spent the last two weeks wading through the sewer systems underneath the Dung factories of Stinkville. Segal waddled throughout the entire film and I actually spotted a couple of moments where they speeded up some of his "moves". The plot had me as rivited as a corrogated fence made in a sweat shop in Taiwan. The special effects, ah some good but mostly terrible and as for the mad bad man, terrifying, to think that someone actually cast him in the role. His curly permed hair put in a better peformance.

The only good bit of the film was "Stilgar from Dune" muttering away and getting off on pain. Then he ruins it be offering to duke with Segal one on one, when he has a gun, a hostage and a grenade.
Tue 04/03/03 at 22:53
Regular
there not that bad. they aint modern so effects aint up to standard, bit cheesy i admit but its not bad action.
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Indeed. Now go buy Glengarry Glen Ross on Region 1 DVD. The two disc one.
Tue 04/03/03 at 17:57
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Axl Dickinson wrote:
> Oh come on. It's not that bad. I mean it's pretty crap but it's
> entertaining enough just to watch on BBC1 one night and I don't spot
> many other films on all through the week. Be thankful for what you
> get!
>

Thank flip for DVD.
Tue 04/03/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh come on. It's not that bad. I mean it's pretty crap but it's entertaining enough just to watch on BBC1 one night and I don't spot many other films on all through the week. Be thankful for what you get!

Under Siege 1 is far better. Must say I almost love that film. Jones, Busey and Meaney are the coolest set up of bad guys except Meaney is totally mockable.

I remember seeing a Seagal film when I was over in America last year. I think it was called 'Above The Law' but Seagal was called Nico in it so I'm guessing it's his 'Nico' film over here. Anyway, it was crap yes but it was the first time I realised just how retarded his walk is. There's a bit in it where he knocks out a few guys (all with the same move which is stupendously over-used in the film) and then walks past the final guy in a supposedly 'cool' way. It might have worked if he didn't walk like a total retard, he didn't have slicked back hair and he wasn't wear black shoes with white socks and blue jeans.

I like Seagal for mocking reasons. I like Meaney for mocking reasons. I like Busey for his extreme coolness.
Tue 04/03/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
monkey_man wrote:
> I read that Segal has actually got a price on his head from some sort
> of Mafia after he got into a scuffle with one of their organisation
> type people. May just have been a film though.

No this is true, he actually went to court about 2 weeks ago to testify that the russian mafia were threatening him and his family if he didn't give then $200k for every film he made!

Have you noticed he has a simular action in his limbs to that of the cardboard cutout used for the John Smiths adverts. And why did no-one in any one of his films say to him "For christ sakes speak up a bit and stop whispering, I can't blooming hear you?"
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Under siege 1 was very cheesey, like every other seagal film. Tommy lee saved it though.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:25
Regular
"That's right!"
On Deadly Ground or something it was called.

Anyway, Under Siege 1 was actually very good, but only because of Gary Busey, Tommy Lee Jones and Colm Meany. Oh, and that Playboy girl, Erika something or other.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I've seen that one, called "Under Pipes of Death", or something equally as stupid.
Tue 04/03/03 at 12:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Has anyone seen that film Segal directed himself? I can't remember the name of it, but it has Michael Cain in it (Christ knows what he's doing in it) and it is with out a doubt one of the worst action films I've seen.

Segal is the ex-special forces black ops commando who now has just a normal everyday job working on an Alaskan pipeline, and Michael Cain is evil mercenary hiring multi-million dollar business man who wants to kill some Eskimos, to make some more money I think. Can't remember the details exactly, but there isn't much remember anyway so what the hell.

One thing I found quite funny about the film was the fact that Segal seems to kill, maim and beat people with in an inch of their lives, not to stop some world threatening terrorist threat, but to save the Alaskan environment. That's right, Steven Segal in the film, is an Environmentalist, that's how stupid how stupid it is.
Tue 04/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
He is a life size action-man dolly. No two ways about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.