GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*tumbleweed*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/08 at 13:51
Regular
It's awfully quiet for a weekday. Things have really changed here since they got rid of the 4 GADs :( even the number of reviews and walkthroughs has dropped dramatically. People aren't copying and pasting like they use to. (stares @ Garin)

Maybe we should do what Grix suggested and get rid of the WLT and stop you all chatting about everything and anything in one single thread. It's not even our WLT anymore, it's a fake! It only lists posts as far back as 2006. The thread is a lie just like that cake I was promised.

Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active again?
Wed 19/11/08 at 10:05
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I got a little confused when I couldn't find the WLT, but yeah guess it makes sense to change it. Hopefully more people will visit now!

*sets fire to tumbleweed*
Tue 18/11/08 at 22:03
Regular
"eat toast!"
If anything like me there are 3 things that reduce my time on these forums.

1. Work. 9 hours at work kills too much time of the day to do some work.

2. Fallout 3. One of the best games evar.

3. I'm a sleep.
Tue 18/11/08 at 21:41
"possibly impossible"
The alternative is to let the users talk utter drivel like some other forums I've been on and pretend it's just the forum being busy.

Most other decent forums I know of aren't that busy either at the moment, so it's not just here. Ignore the Doomsayers and just tell people about the site.

I'm sure people will find it soon enough.
Tue 18/11/08 at 17:00
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Cowers in the corner like a sniveling wreck.
Tue 18/11/08 at 16:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Woof!
Tue 18/11/08 at 16:46
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Nin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active
> again?
>
> Build a time-machine, go back and don't alienate 90% of your
> user base. It's too late to fix things now. This place needed to
> find new members 18 months ago, it didnt, more left, the forums
> got streamlined, terminal decline.

Miaow!
Tue 18/11/08 at 16:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Machie wrote:
> Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active
> again?

Build a time-machine, go back and don't alienate 90% of your user base. It's too late to fix things now. This place needed to find new members 18 months ago, it didnt, more left, the forums got streamlined, terminal decline.
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:39
"possibly impossible"
It also means I get the welcome thread back, so kills two birds with one stone*

So new people can come here and instantly know where they can post, while being given instructions to post their own threads.

Everyone else needs to just try harder! :)

* no actual birds were hurt in this process.
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:34
Regular
Worth a try :)
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:34
"possibly impossible"
How about that? Any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.