GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*tumbleweed*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/11/08 at 13:51
Regular
It's awfully quiet for a weekday. Things have really changed here since they got rid of the 4 GADs :( even the number of reviews and walkthroughs has dropped dramatically. People aren't copying and pasting like they use to. (stares @ Garin)

Maybe we should do what Grix suggested and get rid of the WLT and stop you all chatting about everything and anything in one single thread. It's not even our WLT anymore, it's a fake! It only lists posts as far back as 2006. The thread is a lie just like that cake I was promised.

Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active again?
Tue 18/11/08 at 13:51
Regular
It's awfully quiet for a weekday. Things have really changed here since they got rid of the 4 GADs :( even the number of reviews and walkthroughs has dropped dramatically. People aren't copying and pasting like they use to. (stares @ Garin)

Maybe we should do what Grix suggested and get rid of the WLT and stop you all chatting about everything and anything in one single thread. It's not even our WLT anymore, it's a fake! It only lists posts as far back as 2006. The thread is a lie just like that cake I was promised.

Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active again?
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:07
"possibly impossible"
Noooooo. I love the WLT.

I'm sure we've just had a lack of interesting things, though I've started a few topics.

But yes, everyone should try harder.
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:21
Regular
Its time to let go pb. I was a WLTer before some of you were even born (well yours and @ngel's kids). If it helps us get one or two new threads each day then we should consider pulling the plug.

As you're the mod, I think you should do the honours and close the door on the WLT for the last time, ending a decade of chat history.
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:23
"possibly impossible"
The thing is that the WLT is useful when something is too trivial for a topic.

It would be hell to start a new topic each day to say good morning. It has it's place.

The thing to encourage is that anything worthy of a new topic is actually started outside the WLT.

One way of doing this is to steal everyone's ideas if they still insist on using the WLT to post them, then they'll get the message.
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:30
Regular
How about your use your mod powers to move posts out of the WLT and make them into threads whenever it's not the usual hello/how are you greetings.

I think the WLT is a security blanket, while people are in there chatting safely they dont feel the need to post something else. I want GP not to be afraid to post more threads about sports, or Nin posting about his lastest album purchases.

I dont really want to see the spammy threads return but I want to see atleast something new each day. I'm bored of the good morning and good afternoon chats :(
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:34
"possibly impossible"
How about that? Any good?
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:34
Regular
Worth a try :)
Tue 18/11/08 at 14:39
"possibly impossible"
It also means I get the welcome thread back, so kills two birds with one stone*

So new people can come here and instantly know where they can post, while being given instructions to post their own threads.

Everyone else needs to just try harder! :)

* no actual birds were hurt in this process.
Tue 18/11/08 at 16:40
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Machie wrote:
> Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active
> again?

Build a time-machine, go back and don't alienate 90% of your user base. It's too late to fix things now. This place needed to find new members 18 months ago, it didnt, more left, the forums got streamlined, terminal decline.
Tue 18/11/08 at 16:46
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Nin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Nin what do you suggest we do to get the forum more active
> again?
>
> Build a time-machine, go back and don't alienate 90% of your
> user base. It's too late to fix things now. This place needed to
> find new members 18 months ago, it didnt, more left, the forums
> got streamlined, terminal decline.

Miaow!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.