GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War 2'.
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!
Thu 13/11/08 at 10:05
"possibly impossible"
I joined the others after you left last night, Emmie. I was on earlier, but no one was around, so I jumped back on around 11 something.

Jubba, you've got to join us to try and beat Horde (well, get as far as we can). it was virtually impossible with only 3 of us last night, we really need 5 to get through it (and a strategy!).
Thu 13/11/08 at 09:28
Regular
"THFC"
Basically you team up with 4 other people (friends make it most fun) then you have to survive Wave after Wave of attack, stay together and work as a team to take them out.

You get power ups after each 10 waves, you get one life per wave, so if you die you are out until the next wave. It is loads of fun as you help each other and work as a team.

When you reach wave 10 you get an achievement and wave 50 - but as i have played wave 19 i can start from there, so i want to know if me and you went in at wave 10 - would you get the achievement as you aint done wave 1-9??
Thu 13/11/08 at 08:58
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
What actually is Horde?

Ive completed the game on Coop with my gf on Normal so just horde, multiplayer and Hardcore & Insane to do.
Thu 13/11/08 at 08:29
Regular
"THFC"
Few of us got some more Horde in - think i went to level 20 and other carried on when i went down the pub to about 24ish

Which means anyone can jump in at that stage now. I would be curious to see anyone who has not made it to level 10 - if they could just join me and a few others AT level 10 and then see if they get the achievement, then we know it should work that way for Wave 50!
Wed 12/11/08 at 10:48
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i will have a research and see if i can find out if that does work or not. Need to do some more co-op tonight so i can get on with the story.

Really enjoying the game so far!
Wed 12/11/08 at 10:22
"possibly impossible"
I don't know if that works or not, but it would be fun trying!
Wed 12/11/08 at 08:18
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> I did come along finally at about 11pm, but everyone was off or
> playing FIFA (I'm looking at you, Emmie!).
>
> Bah. Might have to get through a bit more of GOW1 now then.

This was purely because my girlfriend was very bored of GoW (idiot i know) and so i stopped at about 9:45 ish

It was my brother on FIFA at that time, i was in bed asleep lol, get up at 6:50 these days, so need to get my sleep in.

oh and pb we finally got to level 10 in Horde, i left at level 14 but Black and that went on to 19 i think. You can re-start at any wave you have played, so i am wondering if we were to all go in at wave 19 and go to 50 would that give the achievement??
Tue 11/11/08 at 23:27
"possibly impossible"
I did come along finally at about 11pm, but everyone was off or playing FIFA (I'm looking at you, Emmie!).

Bah. Might have to get through a bit more of GOW1 now then.
Tue 11/11/08 at 11:57
"possibly impossible"
Well my 360 is in my study, so it's not even in the main room with the TV. It's just the lack of other work being done while I'm on it!
Tue 11/11/08 at 10:14
Regular
"THFC"
the story of a well written game is so much better than most the TV shows that are on. But i do sometimes feel bad if i make my gf watch games for too long, if she reading or on her laptop its ok, but sometimes she enjoys it and asks whats happening

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.