GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Nintendo stick to handhelds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 10:57
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I am not necessarily agreeing with what is being said, but the point is that it needs to be voiced: should Nintendo stick to handhelds? I am a Nintendo supporter, as well as a Sony and (cringe) Microsoft supporter (but only for the Xbox. Otherwise I am a fervent Mac user). Therefore, I hope you will believe that I am not simply Nintendo-bashing. Having said that, I think quite a few will agree that the GameCube was disappointing, to say the least. However, Nintendo have struck gold with all of their handhelds, ranging from the original GameBoy to the DS.

Do you agree that Nintendo should stop hurting themselves. Unfortunately, I believe that Nintendo can't keep up in the console race, so why not turn all their attention to smashing the competition in the handheld field?

Your comments...
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:05
"The Will of D."
2 words. No Way.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:09
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
But the GameCube was sub par and from what I've seen of the Revolution, we are in for a mediocre experience.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I'd hate it if they stopped making consoles.

Don't get me wrong, they're very strong at producing good handhelds and fantastic games to go with them, but playing a game on a small screen just isn't the same as sitting in front of a nice big TV and playing an epic like Zelda.

They'd lose a lot of their appeal if they came out of the console market as well. Yes, a lot of people do like to play handhelds, but I'm sure there's an equal amount that do not. Nintendo would stand to lose a big chunk of it's customer base if it was to become handheld only company.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:11
Regular
"8==="
"The day there isn't a Nintendo home console is the day Nintendo get out of the games business"

Or something similar said by someone at Nintendo. :D

Personally I can't stand handhelds but I will buy an adapter to play handheld games on a TV.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I just think they are in danger of putting customers off if they make another inferior console.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:12
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Coatsy wrote:
> But the GameCube was sub par and from what I've seen of the
> Revolution, we are in for a mediocre experience.

You're basing this opinion on an unfinished controller, and a console for which you haven't seen any games, at all...

..um....
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:15
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
I haven't condemned it or anything, I'm just saying what we've seen so far hasn't been impressive.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
We haven't seen anything so far... we've seen a few shots of the controller, and a few people waving it around... of course it's not going to be impressive.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:18
Regular
"8==="
Damn, I was impressed.

*Leaves*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.