GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD style cases: Good or Bad?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/12/00 at 01:34
Regular
My personal opinion: BAD
Before, PC software was distinctive, bright boxes with the interior space normally made use of by a majority of companies, now our fave format is in the peril of looking just like the thousands of second-rate Playstation and Dreamcast games - uniform and boring.
And my copy of RED ALERT 2 looks silly stacked amongst my other big boxes, including the other C&C titles.
Thu 22/01/09 at 07:30
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hi guys, got an e-mail from the vigo group yesterday stating that they are getting contracts sorted with there solicitors for the fourth coming season for renting has anyone else heard from them since the new manager (Villa or Vila) e-mailed us all ,is anyone going with them this year love to know,im actually advertising on e-bay which Derek Morgan put me on to(thanks Derek)so i will see what happens i have one inquiry already and only have it in one day,good luck every one ...napper
Wed 05/11/08 at 19:05
Regular
Derek,
Haven't had any further communications from Vigo apart from the test one, which lead to this forum, so I don't know anything of the offer for rental next season that you mention.

Marty,
I've seen and spoken to a 'skinny' guy at the Vigo office a few times when we were there. I thought his name was Willy; could this be the same guy as Villy?

I know what you mean about Ji.
Wed 05/11/08 at 06:51
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hello Derek...i am waiting for word back from them to just see the out lay,i told him also about the lack of entertainment in the complex for families as the last manager was a bit behind the times in that field, i will get back to everyone if they e-mail me again with some news,...it is actually the little ignorant one her name is Ji who is doing the e-mailing and contacting....All the best...Marty
Wed 05/11/08 at 05:19
Regular
Hi Marty

Did villy give you any prices etc??

derek
Tue 04/11/08 at 14:05
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
Hello every one ... i got an e-mail from the vigo group this morning and yes they have a new manager who is looking to take over the renting of our apartments for the forth coming year has anyone else got any news from Villy who is the supposed manager...martin..napperboy
Fri 31/10/08 at 15:09
Regular
"wats da craic guys"
that e-mail looks a bit dodgey to me Derek about looking to rent out our apartments,i would say if you did let them do it you would probably only get the half of the money if your lucky...all the best marty..napperboy
Fri 31/10/08 at 08:20
Regular
Hello Derek!

Let me introduce myself. I'm Villy and I'll work with all owners of apartments next summer. Please, send me a info about your apartment- type and number, would you like to rent it for the summer of 2009...? We offer you to manage your apartment, if you want. Please, send me your answer and all questions that you have...

Kind regards,

Villy

Hotel Manager

Anybody else had this email, and does anyone know villy ?
I am about to reply just out of curiosity as once bitten.
Sun 01/07/01 at 01:05
"I love yo... lamp."
I found that when I first got anything that came in a DVD style box it was the wrong size to fit in with anything else. However although I do have a lot of big PC game boxes they are also different shapes and sizes. For instance I can see in front of me MS Flight Sim 98 and it is taller wider and narrower than Flying Corps Gold. But all DVD boxes are the same. The problem people have is that they try to put their DVD boxes in with CDs, a DVD box is the same height and width as a VHS video box. DVD boxes are the future whether we like it or not as the Gamecube I believe has its games in DVD size and style boxes. And the X-box takes DVDs as its format and they will come in DVD boxes. So all our DVDs Gamecube, X-box, PC, and PS2 games will live happily together alongside each other in standardised boxes. If any of you have trouble in getting DVD racks, get a video rack as they fit on it. As they save space DVD boxes are better for shops as it effectively increases their PC game space. Also I hate it when my PC or N64 boxes get bashed as they do because they are cardboard. DVD boxes are plastic and last longer therefore protecting your game more. I think DVD boxes are different at least from the old cardboard boxes if not better and we will get used to them in tome and come to recognise them without thinking about them.
Biggles
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:32
BIG BOXS RULE OK!
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:48
The question is once you get your new game in its big cardboard box, waddaya do with it ? if your like most people you put the game in a CD rack and if its one of those games where the instruction book is too big to fit in the jewel case then in no time you realise you cant find it, as for the cardboard box usuallypoeple just lob em in a cupboard. However if it comes in a cool durable plastic case then not only is it easier to store but the instructions sits happilie in it as well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.