GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are we doing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/08 at 14:17
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Quite a lot of work has gone into integrating Cheats, Walkthroughs and Games Chat, and we will hopefully soon be adding Reviews into that mix. We feel it will be beneficial to the site to make people aware of chat or walkthroughs available for a specific game, if they are already here looking up a cheat for that game.

Recognising that we cannot be all things to all people, and that the overwhelming majority of people who visit the interactive part of our site are gamers, we have take a conscious decision to focus on games, and to cut out other areas. That's really the only way we can strive to improve the games section of the site.

However, we are not a games seller, we are an isp. Tens of thousands of our customers have their own website hosted with us. This recently led us to open a directory of UK Web Designers, to work in conjunction with our own Customer Sites Directory, and Web Design and Development section of the forums. Developing this area of our interactive sites is just as important to us as the Games section.

So, Gaming and Design is born and we are asking visitors to bear with us while we go through a shake out, or a phase of experimentation, over the next few weeks. Things might change quite a lot yet.

We value all of your feedback and opinions and Jubbachainsaw* will be gathering these up and reporting back to our programmers and design team on the changes which need to be made.

The Gaming and Design Awards will comprise three sections (I expect):
1. Our Gamer of the Week will be the best contributor to the Games sections and will win any game of their choice. As you can tell by the title, it is most likely that only one prize will be issued each week in this category, but there may be some Gaming and Design Challenges from Jubbachainsaw*.
2. The Customer Site of the Week will be promoted across our sites, but will not win a prize. This award is primarily selected from new sites submitted for inclusion in the Freeola Customer Sites section.
3. Our third award is technical or creative award, yet to be named. The rules, or even the type of prize are yet to be finalised. Expect an announcement once the experimental phase of these changes is nearing completion.

I am sorry if it seems a little disruptive to shake out the changes with the site live online. As ever, we have to work within our resources and this is the most efficient way to identify and debate the issues. The interactive sites had over 60,000 visitors last week, so there could be quite a lot of feedback.

*cut himself shaving the other day, nearly took his bloody head off!
Fri 24/10/08 at 14:35
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Emmie87 wrote:
> So does that mean for reviews, cheats and walkthroughs you only
> stand one chance to win a week?? Just not sure if i am reading it
> right or not.
>
> i am sure it will all beomce more clear as time goes on.

That's right, one prize for the Gamer of the Week Award. This will be the best contributor across Games Chat, Reviews, Cheats and Walkthroughs.

To be frank, the current level of contribution doesn't really justify more than one prize. However, Jubbachainsaw has some leeway, and may well issue challenges for individual games reviews or walkthroughs. And of course, the prizes will be of higher value.
Fri 24/10/08 at 14:30
Regular
"THFC"
So does that mean for reviews, cheats and walkthroughs you only stand one chance to win a week?? Just not sure if i am reading it right or not.

i am sure it will all beomce more clear as time goes on.
Fri 24/10/08 at 14:17
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Quite a lot of work has gone into integrating Cheats, Walkthroughs and Games Chat, and we will hopefully soon be adding Reviews into that mix. We feel it will be beneficial to the site to make people aware of chat or walkthroughs available for a specific game, if they are already here looking up a cheat for that game.

Recognising that we cannot be all things to all people, and that the overwhelming majority of people who visit the interactive part of our site are gamers, we have take a conscious decision to focus on games, and to cut out other areas. That's really the only way we can strive to improve the games section of the site.

However, we are not a games seller, we are an isp. Tens of thousands of our customers have their own website hosted with us. This recently led us to open a directory of UK Web Designers, to work in conjunction with our own Customer Sites Directory, and Web Design and Development section of the forums. Developing this area of our interactive sites is just as important to us as the Games section.

So, Gaming and Design is born and we are asking visitors to bear with us while we go through a shake out, or a phase of experimentation, over the next few weeks. Things might change quite a lot yet.

We value all of your feedback and opinions and Jubbachainsaw* will be gathering these up and reporting back to our programmers and design team on the changes which need to be made.

The Gaming and Design Awards will comprise three sections (I expect):
1. Our Gamer of the Week will be the best contributor to the Games sections and will win any game of their choice. As you can tell by the title, it is most likely that only one prize will be issued each week in this category, but there may be some Gaming and Design Challenges from Jubbachainsaw*.
2. The Customer Site of the Week will be promoted across our sites, but will not win a prize. This award is primarily selected from new sites submitted for inclusion in the Freeola Customer Sites section.
3. Our third award is technical or creative award, yet to be named. The rules, or even the type of prize are yet to be finalised. Expect an announcement once the experimental phase of these changes is nearing completion.

I am sorry if it seems a little disruptive to shake out the changes with the site live online. As ever, we have to work within our resources and this is the most efficient way to identify and debate the issues. The interactive sites had over 60,000 visitors last week, so there could be quite a lot of feedback.

*cut himself shaving the other day, nearly took his bloody head off!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.