GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ask Away - The 5 things about you spin off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/09/06 at 10:18
"possibly impossible"
Here's how it works. Ask a question or a series of questions about someone. They can be directed at anyone, but everyone can answer. They can be as leading or in-depth as you like.

eg:

1) Where were you born?
2) Do you ever wish you were someone else?
3) What is the most important trait in a partner that you need?
4) Do you ever wish you could change something in your past and what?
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:51
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> Just got to get over this stupid fear of flying I have.
>
> Well not flying just being trapped in a big metal tube with
> wings with 200 odd other people for hours.

I'll be writing about this on my travel website :) so has it been an excuse not to travel before? Have you found any ways to help you cope? I guess with long flights like this one I'm taking to Singapore about 13 hours, you might find it a bit much than say going to Spain.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:49
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Just got to get over this stupid fear of flying I have.

Well not flying just being trapped in a big metal tube with wings with 200 odd other people for hours.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:47
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> I've been all over Great Britain and now I can afford it I'm off
> to a few foreign places now.

Well traveling abroad has been getting cheaper :) especially Europe, but I'm glad people are venturing much further away.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I've been all over Great Britain and now I can afford it I'm off to a few foreign places now.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:45
Regular
Haven't been to Bristol in awhile. Cornwall was a holiday? pb's down that way :) nice area. An area I haven't been to much is probably Wales and Scotland oh and that area west of London.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The only other time I've been down there is to Cornwall.

Hope to go to Bristol sometime.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:32
Regular
You didn't stop by Tewkesbury? :( aww heh

Although I've been to Cheltenham and Gloucester many times, I havent really gone everywhere. There are still many parts of Cheltenham I have yet to venture to. Cheltenham has some nice areas. It feels like it's getting bigger, lots of Tewkesbury people go to work there too.
Sat 30/09/06 at 15:09
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I liked Gloucester and Cheltenham when I went there a few years ago.

In Cheltenham we found a park with a bar in it and there was an area which was roped off where you could have a beer so as it was a really sunny hot day and we weren't driving we though it would be rude not to.

Not to have about 5 pints that is :D
Sat 30/09/06 at 13:29
Regular
schummi wrote:
> I will have ago, ermm mMachie, what do you like about
> gloucestershire the? I personally hate it myself and really
> don't like anything.

Yes there really isn't much to do, fields everywhere yes but that's about it. Cheltenham and Gloucester I suppose, oh speak of Cheltenham, there's that new Cinema and nice area where the old brewry use to be. My brother and mum have been there, they say it's nice. There's a chinese resturant there too, would like to go, all you can eat for £12 I think. We usually go to the one in Worcester which is £5 but less dishes.
Sat 30/09/06 at 13:26
Regular
Borat §agdiyev wrote:
> I have a question for you Machster ...
>
> Your girlfriend lives in Singapore ... how do you deal with the
> problems posed by a long distance relationship? Things like
> loneliness, longing to be close to her, true intimacy which is
> the main thing lacking in such a relationship. Do things such
> as trust worry you ... that she may stray with someone else in
> your absence? Have you ever thought of calling it a day because
> keeping it is a lot of hassle, or because there may be someone
> closer who is right for you?
>
> How do you deal with it all?

A good question. I've actually be in quite a few long distance relationships over the last 10 years. I've dated ladies off and on the internet. Some I dated were as close as 20 minutes away to as far as Singapore. I guess I've just gotten use to it now.

It can get lonely and if is quite difficult to go months without seeing each other. I think the internet helps a lot thanks to Skype, webcams and even cheap phone calls costing a penny a minute. Years ago that wasn't an option.

Ah yes intimacy, well that's where you have to be more imaginative, phonecalls webcam you get the idea ;) I still miss it though, especially after we're apart the first few weeks. I guess it's harder for my current girlfriend than me because I've been there several times before.

Long distance relationships are difficult especially if they're from another country. My serious one of 3 years. It would have been helpful if I had learnt to drive so we sometimes went many months without seeing each other which was very difficult.

Trust is important and thankfully hasn't been the reason for any of my break ups. Usually I would fall out of love or in the case of my 3 year relationship, we just werent ready for a commitment. I'm a good judge of character so I like to think I could tell if a girl will be faithful or not. I'm not the forgiving type of person, so I've always dreaded being hurt.

Yes there have been a few times I wanted to call it a day, but then my work is unique, I don't meet many nice young girls in my office at home. Sadly I don't go out as I don't really enjoy the night life in the UK (as a non drinker I kinda stand out), living in such a small town hasn't helped either. I'm keen to leave this behind and travel with the help of my new website. Hopefully I'll be able to take my girlfriend with me as she's not tied down to a job anymore, which was a problem with previous relationships.

So in conclusion, it's not easy, there are moments and for that someone special in your life I'll do anything :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.