GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... you thought October was hard on your wallet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/08 at 17:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
October means:

Mega Man 9
FIFA 09
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Saints Row 2
Dead Space
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3

and that's just the top titles, there are a whole bunch of niche genre titles out there too this month like Moto GP 08, Shining Force II, Star Ocean: First Departure. It's a gamer's nightmare, so many great titles in one month. But if you thought that was bad, look ahead to November and cry...

November means:

Gears of War 2
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Call of Duty: World at War
Football Manager 2009
Mirror's Edge
Left 4 Dead
Need for Speed: Undercover
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Rise of the Argonauts
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

You might be thinking it's only 11 releases instead of 12, but there are only 4 Friday's in November compared to the 5 in October, and this is just the confirmed releases. And I've probably missed a few off the list.

Have we ever had it so good? Is this the shape of things to come? Doesn't the videogaming industry realise we're in the middle of a worldwide recession? If this is November, what is December going to look like? I dread to think that far ahead, but I am looking forward eagerly to the little envelopes that Santa tends to drop off around that time of year and woe betide any family member that spends £39.99 on a new sweater for me.

If it's any help, I put all the games I want to get into a list, and then prioritise them in terms of how badly I want them. Those priorities shift and change over time as new previews/reviews come out and the games at the bottom of the list tend to be nabbed later on at a discount price. Having said that, my dilemma is now that by the time they get discounted I'll have another list with more priorities on it.

I can really sympathise with kids in candy shops now.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 07/10/08 at 17:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
October means:

Mega Man 9
FIFA 09
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Saints Row 2
Dead Space
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3

and that's just the top titles, there are a whole bunch of niche genre titles out there too this month like Moto GP 08, Shining Force II, Star Ocean: First Departure. It's a gamer's nightmare, so many great titles in one month. But if you thought that was bad, look ahead to November and cry...

November means:

Gears of War 2
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Call of Duty: World at War
Football Manager 2009
Mirror's Edge
Left 4 Dead
Need for Speed: Undercover
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Rise of the Argonauts
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

You might be thinking it's only 11 releases instead of 12, but there are only 4 Friday's in November compared to the 5 in October, and this is just the confirmed releases. And I've probably missed a few off the list.

Have we ever had it so good? Is this the shape of things to come? Doesn't the videogaming industry realise we're in the middle of a worldwide recession? If this is November, what is December going to look like? I dread to think that far ahead, but I am looking forward eagerly to the little envelopes that Santa tends to drop off around that time of year and woe betide any family member that spends £39.99 on a new sweater for me.

If it's any help, I put all the games I want to get into a list, and then prioritise them in terms of how badly I want them. Those priorities shift and change over time as new previews/reviews come out and the games at the bottom of the list tend to be nabbed later on at a discount price. Having said that, my dilemma is now that by the time they get discounted I'll have another list with more priorities on it.

I can really sympathise with kids in candy shops now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.