GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... you thought October was hard on your wallet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/08 at 17:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
October means:

Mega Man 9
FIFA 09
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Golden Axe: Beast Rider
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Saints Row 2
Dead Space
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
LittleBigPlanet
Fallout 3

and that's just the top titles, there are a whole bunch of niche genre titles out there too this month like Moto GP 08, Shining Force II, Star Ocean: First Departure. It's a gamer's nightmare, so many great titles in one month. But if you thought that was bad, look ahead to November and cry...

November means:

Gears of War 2
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Call of Duty: World at War
Football Manager 2009
Mirror's Edge
Left 4 Dead
Need for Speed: Undercover
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Rise of the Argonauts
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

You might be thinking it's only 11 releases instead of 12, but there are only 4 Friday's in November compared to the 5 in October, and this is just the confirmed releases. And I've probably missed a few off the list.

Have we ever had it so good? Is this the shape of things to come? Doesn't the videogaming industry realise we're in the middle of a worldwide recession? If this is November, what is December going to look like? I dread to think that far ahead, but I am looking forward eagerly to the little envelopes that Santa tends to drop off around that time of year and woe betide any family member that spends £39.99 on a new sweater for me.

If it's any help, I put all the games I want to get into a list, and then prioritise them in terms of how badly I want them. Those priorities shift and change over time as new previews/reviews come out and the games at the bottom of the list tend to be nabbed later on at a discount price. Having said that, my dilemma is now that by the time they get discounted I'll have another list with more priorities on it.

I can really sympathise with kids in candy shops now.
Fri 10/10/08 at 00:18
Regular
Pb, you have to understand where I'm coming from.
I saw my idols humiliate themselves in a sea of midi abominations and unecessary dancing. My entire world destroyed.

Instead of buying that, I would gladly let you spit in my face. Maybe even twice. Perhaps a slap or two.... =)
Fri 10/10/08 at 00:00
"possibly impossible"
hah, harsh considering no one knows much about it yet. Those E3 scenes were (Nintendo admits) not a good indication of the game, made it look far too easy and didn't explain the different modes for beginners all the way up to proper musicians.
Thu 09/10/08 at 23:51
Regular
pb wrote:
> Wii Music

I don't care if you have kids. Buy this game and I will put you on ignore =S
Thu 09/10/08 at 22:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
As far as I know...November 7th is correct.
Wed 08/10/08 at 13:45
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the new Guitar Hero is in November too. :)

EDIT: No official release date but most places have it down for the 7th November.
Wed 08/10/08 at 10:57
Regular
"THFC"
So many good games that i want! I really need to win the lottery so i have lots of free time and money to play and complete these games. There is nothing worse than leaving a game to play a new one, you never go back to the old one!
Wed 08/10/08 at 10:56
"possibly impossible"
Oh, and Spider-man: Web of Shadows should be this month as well. It promises to be the game Spider-man 3 should have been.
Wed 08/10/08 at 10:38
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Don't forget Wrath of the Lich King, that is the only game I will probably buy this year unless I suddenly win the lottery and have money and time to burn!
Wed 08/10/08 at 08:25
"possibly impossible"
mmm. Left4Dead is another one I really want but probably won't get till after Christmas.

There's still:
Motorstorm 2
Resistance 2
Wii Music
Animal Crossing Wii
Quantum of Solice
Lord of the Rings Conquest

and others this year as well!
Tue 07/10/08 at 20:40
Regular
I don't see that the choice is fantastic at the moment. I'm finding this current generation of games is quite mediocre i comparison to previous generations.

Infact the game I've got most excited over in October was Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade. And November it's going to be Banjo Kazooie on Xbox Love Arcade.

The older games are grabbing my attention more and more lately. Right now I'm about halfway through completing the first run of Luigi's Mansion again (with intention of completing the mirror mansion after) and am thinking of going back to some older PS2/Xbox originals too.

The hype of current gen new releases very rarely grabs me now. I'm waiting for Force Unleashed to be under £20 before getting it, as will I with Gears 2. Tomb Raider Underworld might be a purchase I'll consider...a long time in the future. I'm finding games at the moment aren't putting pressure on my wallet like they did in the GameCube/PS2/Xbox era...

Nothing feels new anymore...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.