GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - READ ALL ABOUT IT"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 18:56
Regular
If you mooch about on the Special Reserve and Freeola sites you'll find little problems or annoyances. e.g. why can't I do this, I can't understand that or couldn't we do the other.

So we would like your comments in this BUG TEST. An extra prize will go to the person who contributes the most to improving this site with little tweaks or solutions.

LITTLE TWEAKS are the operative words. You will not win anything for suggesting that we spend £35 billion on a re-design.

You must post your comments under this topic (or the similar one on The Future of Gaming forum) to stand a chance of winning.

Good luck

The winner will be decided on Christmas Eve
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:40
Regular
Not if the site is done properly.

I'm sure SR's great Webmaster will find away around it!
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
If you use frames then searches and other functions may not perform as well as they do now! Frames are a brilliant idea but they can ruin searches.
(Talking from past experience)
Thu 14/12/00 at 20:56
Regular
OK, here's a technical improvement.

See the blue column on the left here, and the area at the top of the screen (from search for a game upwards)

Put these bits in seperate frames from the main page (frames = sort of like windows, you website master will know what I mean)

That way, they won't have to reload every time to go to a new page. This will speed up the site incredibly.

Well worth doing (especially for my slow school computers!)
Thu 14/12/00 at 19:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have a tweak or mistake on the site!!
when you post a new topic from the PS2 section.

The link to go back to the PS2 forum (a few inches down the page in blue) doesn't work !
Thu 14/12/00 at 19:23
Regular
"everyone says it"
The website is brilliant, that I must say, however to improve the site you can change the layout of the www.gameaday.co.uk homepage and have the tables and weekly sales places at the top on the left hand side not at the bottom. People want to know what is the best selling game first thing not at the bottom of the page!

Another thing you should consider is having the whole background on the webpages black with white html text. That would look brilliant!

P.S What special reserve should have is UK console championships, like that recently held by 'Gameplay'. Finishing 12th best in UK at Goldeneye I found it extreme fun and exciting.
Thu 14/12/00 at 13:16
"High polygon count"
> Jumping from the home page of UKdiscussions straight into a forum
> leaves people blind to the list of forums, causes the hot forums
> to be even hotter and the cold ones to be even colder.

Fair comment. I just thought that, as (for example) the Future and Retro heading takes you to the list of Future and Retro listing, people would expect the forum names to take them to the forum, thus preventing wear & tear on their clicky finger! :-)

Still, never mind!
Thu 14/12/00 at 10:36
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
wookiee_monster wrote:
When you go to ukdiscussions.com there is a list of the threads that are "Hot today". Clicking on one of the forum names takes you to the forum list; I think it would be better if it actually took you to that forum.

To answer this point.

Jumping from the home page of UKdiscussions straight into a forum leaves people blind to the list of forums, causes the hot forums to be even hotter and the cold ones to be even colder. That's why the hot forum links take you to the forum list first i.e. to provide a better feel of where you are in the discussions system
Thu 14/12/00 at 01:09
Well the "nickname" text entry box doesn't allow a mixture of UPPER and lower case. I wanted to capitalise my name (and yes I want to use my real name...it's purely for identification purposes ).

It's so embarrasing when you do a seriou interview and the PR guy in the suit says, "Ah you must be Flexman".

So I'd like to be able to edit my profile accordingly. I suspect that those with capitalised names on these forums have entered them via some other administative tool such as phpAdmin.

And the number of posts under the user name ala UBBS is a great idea.

Richard
Wed 13/12/00 at 23:18
"High polygon count"
Not so much bug reports as minor improvements or ideas that I think would just "be nice"...

1. When you go to ukdiscussions.com there is a list of the threads that are "Hot today". Clicking on one of the forum names takes you to the forum list; I think it would be better if it actually took you to that forum.

2. It would be nice to have the facility to see who the regulars are by having a count of messages posted, when they joined, where they're from etc. Check out a UBB board for an example...

http://www.thedvdforums.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?

3. URL's posted in messages could be converted to hyperlinks.

Erm... can't think of anything else at the moment.
Wed 13/12/00 at 21:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmmmmmm...Did I say that??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.